Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
1912 by MovieMoments






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 3]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A quick story to just show you the day dream I had running through my mind one history lesson.

This was written about a year or so ago, so it comes out a bit younger and a lot less well written then if I were to re-write it as I may do eventually.

Supervisory Beta: Qjmom

Junior Validation Beta: Live720

Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters belong to the fabulous Stephenie Meyer


1912

Edwards’s Point of View

The unsinkable. The magnificent. The Titanic.

Incredible in her size, beautiful in her build. From the coverage the press gave her and the attention she holds in the public eye, The Titanic had a lot of expectations to meet up with. In fact, Captain Smith had decided that this ship would mark his career. He would retire after he completed The Titanic’s maiden voyage.

I walked forward to see the ship so many already praise, letting the sea salt wind run freely through my already travel tousled bronze hair.

My brothers took their places on either of my sides, their expressions mirroring mine in shock and awe, I’m sure. Emmett and Jasper had come along with me, dragging their significant others along with them, kicking and screaming. Figuratively, of course.

Rosalie gave out a prolonged sigh from behind us, part disgruntled and part exasperated.

“Tell me again, Emmett, why are you taking me out here? All the ships look the same, and it’s not like we can’t all go to America at any time we wish. This ship is only larger than the others. I will never understand the adoration and fascination that you three boys devote to any type of engineering.”

Her spoiled tone irritated me to no end. Rosalie was tall, sun-ray blonde and stereotypically beautiful. She even had the sky blue eyes that belonged to the summer’s day, for heaven’s sake. The problem was that she knew how her hour glass form captured the attention of all in whichever room she happened to be in. The men looked up at her in longing while the women were consumed with jealousy. It was rare for anyone not to fall for her apparent charms and appearance. The only times that they did not work, were when they were being used on a couple who were irrevocably and perfectly in love, and for some strange reason – myself. If Rose wanted something, Rose got it. No matter how big or small. She was almost always so very vain and conceited. But don’t get me wrong, during the small periods of time when she was a real human being and not some kind of porcelain doll, she was a great person to be around. But for the most time, her pride got in the way. This just happened to be her problem now. She had nothing personal against the “Ship of Dreams”, she just hadn't gotten her own way for once.

Emmett actually looked offended for the ship. He took this sort of thing very serious, and he took personally any negative comments toward what has captured his mind and time. I was quite sure that the only reason that Rosalie was not on his hit-list right now, was that my overly muscled, six foot brother, with such a menacing exterior, was just so madly in love. Even when she wasn’t even in the same building and he was just thinking of her, his dark eyes would lighten a shade and the tightness around them would disappear altogether, next would come the faint joyous smile that would radiate sincerity and love. When you compare the current Emmett to his pre-osalie state you would have to be blind not to see the difference in him. Although it has always been in Emmett’s nature to be light hearted and seen the funny side of any situation, now he was a man with the look about him of having everything he always wanted and more. He now glows with his mirth and has a care free buoyancy in his step. It was almost painful to look at if you are not in that relationship or in a relationship with anyone come to think of it. I didn’t personally believe in love, well, not for myself anyway. I had never done something to deserve it.

Both my brothers however were caught up in it and had to desire to be relinquished from its hold.

“Rosie, sweetheart! This ship is history in the making and we are fortunate enough in our lives to be travelling upon her maiden voyage. This is a time to be celebrated. The media are doing that already and she hasn’t even left South Hampton yet. Just wait until we reach New York! I dare say that the reporters may even wish to speak with you when we dock. They would adore being in the presence of an angel and here the soft music falling from her rose petal lips. How they would fight for the chance to interview you!”

Oh lord, my brother is such a sentimentalist nowadays. However, his flattery seemed to have the desired effect. She smiled up at Em, towards the ship, and back to her fiancée’s face once more. She just replied with a simple-

“Of course. We can’t leave The Titanic waiting now can we? Let’s board.”

I turned toward my brother and sister in law, rolling my eyes at the couple’s behaviour. Alice had to turn into Jasper’s embrace to try and hide her silently giggling, quivering form, while Jasper had to bury his face in her short black hair so that Em and Rose would not see his smirk.

In a group, we walked into the first class entrance. We were lead by Emmett and Rosalie, and they were closely followed by Jasper and Alice. Leaving me at the back, partnerless.

I hadn’t even wanted to come in the first place. The vessel to me was mere curiosity. No, my Father and Mother for all intents and purposes had wanted me to come. Carlisle (my ‘parents’ hated the formality of terms such as Mother and Father, or in my case, Aunt and Uncle) claimed that I spent far too much of my time studying medicine with the aim of following in Carlisle’s footsteps to become a leading doctor in the medical world like himself, and not spending enough time relaxing and enjoying life while I was young and had the opportunities. Esme had of course agreed with him whole heartedly. They thought in perfect synchronisation with each other. It was unheard of for them to disagree on anything. It was quite sweet really.

Shaking my head and opening my eyes, which I had not realized that I had let close, I saw a grand and perfectly elegant room. My eyes wandered, taking in the sights that surrounded. Everything was, well…beautiful.

Most apparently, no expense had been spared to create this lavish sight. The walls were all rich oak panelling, and every few yards a large window would appear so that you could lose yourself in the sight of such a vast ocean. It is probably the only time that man ever feels small in our ever shrinking world. We British already have the control over much of the world; our greed compels us to stake a claim of the sea also.

I looked about myself again, drinking in every detail. If nothing, I am observant and have a great appreciation to beauty and grandeur such as this. I let my gaze finally rest upon a form sitting on a burgundy, large and what looked to be stiff armchair. She was pale; her skin was the exact same shade as cream. She glowed softly in a room that could not compare to her grandeur. Her soft brown curls bounced as she looked up, as if sensing my gaze fixated on her. Her deep chocolate eyes locked onto mine. I felt the corners of my lips raise in a smile as her cheeks were coloured with a delicate pink hue.

I was broken from my trance as Alice approached me with my room key.

“Your luggage should already be in your room. It would be best to unpack now and set out your evening attire. We expect to see you at the captain’s dinner that he has invited us to. That gives you about two hours. See you then.”

With that, the bubbly pixie girl reattached herself to her love’s arm. I looked down to where the girl was before, but she had left. Muttering about Alice’s timing under my breath, I left in search for my room.


Bella’s Point of View

Father escorted me back to my room, mentioning something about picking me up for dinner at seven o’clock. I nodded as I entered my highly decorative suite.

When I had been shown my private suite upon arrival on the RMS Titanic, I had been blown away with the standard of my rooms.

They had a light colour scheme with striking colours acting as detail. My favourite room by far was the master bedroom with walls of alabaster white and an intricate midnight blue design that was so detailed it looked as if it had been done by hand with a calligraphy pen.

The furniture complemented the room well with a honey shaded wooden bed, chair, vanity and closet. The deep blue shades were spread out across the room. It was seen in the fabric of the chair and quilt of the bed.

This was to be my escape though out the voyage, I thought with an almost silent sigh.

Not much was processing at the current time however. I tried to distract myself, I honestly did. But no matter how much effort I put into it, my train of thoughts would always travel back to the stranger with emerald green eyes and a stare so intense that I was captured in it until he was distracted by a woman that must have been romantically involved with him or something such as that. There was not a hope that a man who looked as perfect as that was still single. As my thoughts took a more depressing turn, I contemplated how odd it actually was, that a man that was no-one to me refused to be purged from my mind.

Oh well, it is of no consequence.

The voice in the back of my mind tried to persuade me. Its efforts were of course to no avail.

Father should be here soon. If I did not want a repeat of what happened last time he came in when I wasn’t yet ready…

My thoughts were trailing off. I don’t think father or I turned from our mortified shade of blush for at least a month after the incident.

I’d better get prepared for all the etiquette and small talk loving people that I was sure to encounter and have to endure tonight. I shuddered at the prospect, wishing for nothing more than to be able to curl up on the sofa and read for a while. Ah, but it was not to be.


Knock, Knock, Knock.

A fist beat three times against my cherry oak door.

“Come in”, I called out. Knowing full well that it was my father, Charles Swan, on the other side.

He never let me go anywhere without him by my side. Honestly, the way he watched over me so constantly. Vigilantly. It was as if he thought that if I wasn’t in his sight every minute of everyday, then I would disappear. It had been years since mother's death, but he still hadn’t let her go. He was over his alcohol problem however, the first few months after she had gone, he drunk himself into a stupor every night. Seeking peace and solace at the bottom of his whisky glass.

As he entered my room, I thought of how much I loved my father, so very much. That is why it had hurt so much when he stumbled around in his drunken state.

Charlie extended his arm, beckoning for me to take it. We walked together in companionable silence. It was rare to find myself uncomfortable around my father. We were far too much alike for any awkward nonsense.

We arrived in a spacious room which had a large table in the middle with an over the top centre piece of flowers which allowed no choice to be able to carry a comfortable conversation with the person directly opposite of you. Many were already seated upon the spacious table. Charlie and I must have been some of the very last to arrive.

My quick analysis of the room gave me all the information that I needed to know. Posh room, rich snobs. Most would think that with my upbringing I would be thinking myself above all, and that the poor were as undeserving as the dirt beneath my overly priced shoes. But I was not like that at all. Charlie had made sure of it. His family had worked its way up in the world through the generations. I was to never forget that ‘Honest work made an honest life’. Father had drilled this into me from a very young age.

He pulled out my chair for me and I murmured a ‘Thanks’ in his direction as I felt air swirl past my midnight blue silk evening dress as I attempted to sit down as elegantly as possible. I was never known for my grace and agility. Quite the opposite, actually.

Once sat I noticed how comfortable the chair was. But of course all done by The White Star Line has to be done exceptionally. Especially with a ship such as the much awaited Titanic. The ship created by the gods themselves. I chuckled quietly to myself as I though over some of the phrases people had come up with to describe a ship that they had never even entered before.

The conversation was trivial. Completely meaningless. It was apparent almost immediately that all on this table were in awe of their own grandeur. I smiled to myself.

“The vanity which has consumed society is deplorable.”

I muttered under my breath. I barely heard myself, so what I was not expecting was the man on my right to respond to the statement.

“True, true”, an amused voice replied.

The man said just as quietly next to me before letting out a musical laugh. I turned to see the man. Wanting to find out who had actually agreed with me. I was stunned to discover that it was the green eyed man from before with messy brown hair that was tinged slightly with auburn.

“My name is Edward Cullen. May I ask yours?”

As I gazed up into his sparkling eyes.

“Isabella - Bella Swan.”

My voice came out slightly breathless much to my embarrassment. He didn't give any outwardly signs that he saw this though. Either he didn't infact notice, or he was just a good actor.

I'm betting my money on the later solution.

“So what brings you here to the Titanic?”

He enquired. What was unusual about his question was that he didn't look like he was merely asking out of courtesy. He looked as if he actually cared about my answer, and to confuse me further, I felt as if he did. I felt that I could trust him. Absurd.

“My father wishes to visit a friends who moved to America a year or so ago. I believe that he wishes for us to move there soon also. Although he would never admit it, the memory of my mother still haunts him. I think that he wishes for a new beginning in a place which can hold no connection to her.”

“That could well be the reason. Every man has his own way of dealing with loss. I am so sorry to hear of your mother’s untimely death. Do not answer if you do not wish, but may I ask how it happened?”

“She was taken by an influenza of sorts. It was all very sudden.”

“Again, I am sorry. If it is of any consolation, I know how it feels to lose a parent. Both of mine died when I was very young, during their travels around Europe. I was taken in by my Aunt and Uncle. They became my real parents. They are very caring and compassionate people.”

“You love them," I stated. There was no question about it as I looked and saw the honest emotion playing out across his face.

“You are fortunate in the fact that you had some light is such a dark situation. You have my deepest sympathies.”

“It is quite alright, it was a very long time ago now. Shall we move onto lighter topics? It would be horrible to spend your first night aboard this ship in a depressed frame of mind.”

He gave me his breath-taking smile that I had first witnessed near the base of the grand staircase, as we continued to talk into the night on much more buoyant subject matters this time around.


Edward was walking me back to my room. Father had left some hours ago after assuring himself that I was in capable hands. I was happily surprised that he had let me stay. After the meal we had decided to take a walk across the deck to take in some sea air.

From tonight I had learned so much about him, in exchange for information on myself. He had come here with his cousins Emmett and Jasper along with their significant others Rosalie and Alice. I turned out that it was Alice that I had seen previously. I had to laugh at myself slightly at my jealous reactions to someone I had hardly known at the time. I had also found that he wanted to take a career in medicine. He said that it was a benefit that is father was a doctor also, but that was not the reason why he wanted to choose this profession. He said that he wanted to work with the terminally ill children because he wanted the chance to bring love and joy into their lives before the chance was gone. He believed that no one should leave this world in pain and solitude.

With every sentence he said I could feel myself falling just that little bit harder.

Falling? Am I in love with Edward Cullen?

Yes, Yes I am.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you guys for suffering through all of that! Not to mention the grammer issues and the moments out of the time period.

But hey, thank you all again!

If you have a moment to spare, please review and bring my christmas wishes to life!

Hugs, kisses and festve wishes,

MovieMoments.