Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Blondie by CrazyLovingLife






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 22]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Hi, there! After some minor fixes, I'm ready to get Chapter 3 up! I don't have a song for this chapter (I. Just. Can't. Find. One!), but I might get one up eventually!

Hugs n Kisses ~ Crazy

 

WARNING: This chapter discusses underage alcohol abuse.

 

 


My father ended up getting sentenced an extra six weeks for his "episode" outside. He’d first gone to jail yesterday, two days after his hearing. I had left the puppy under the bench.

The snow had continued and rapidly built up, and we had a few feet at this point. The private academy my siblings and I attended was cancelled ; my days were spent relaxing, pampering myself.

It was pretty good, till the puppy showed up.

There it was. I saw it whining by my window. First I tried to ignore it — tried to make it go away. But it persisted, and Jax saw it from outside.

“Rose, let the poor thing in!” Jax exclaimed. I sighed.

“Jax, it’s just going to go all over the floors. Mom will kill us!” I cried.

Jax shrugged. “Then I’ll take it,” he decided, scooping the puppy up. “I’ll name him… Morgan.”

I copied Jax, shrugging, and flopped onto my canopy again. I didn’t care what he named the puppy, and I honestly could care less if Mom caught him in trouble with it.

I was unnerved when I heard my mother yelping at the sight of the puppy, Jax yelling, and a large squeal of pain from the puppy as my mother probably swatted or kicked it. I was unfazed when the kitchen window was opened, and I heard the puppy squeal again.

I was just a bit surprised when the puppy returned to my lap.

I screamed. My mother and Jax came running in.

“Get that dirty mongrel out of here!” my mother shrieked, on the verge of hyperventilating. She attempted to pick the raggedy puppy up again, but, when it cowered in fear in my lap, I felt sudden protectiveness of it. I picked it up, and, with only minimum disgust, held it in my arms, uttering one single word: “No.”

My mother was about to faint; she did not like dogs. At all.

Finally, after a lot more yelling, my mother left. Fargo was forbid to come in. Jax gave me a good-hearted noogie and said, “You did the right thing, sis.”

I just hoped I did.

* * *

The time was passing faster and faster in Rochester. I was quick approaching my fifteenth birthday, on March seventeenth, and today was March first.

My father was due to be released from jail in exactly two months: May first.

Since he was thrown into jail in October, it had been five months of the original six month sentence, but he still needed to serve that extra six weeks.  However, they had cut it to four weeks because of good behavior in jail, so it was an even seven months in jail. He wouldn’t be there for my birthday.

Six days before my birthday was Jax’s birthday. Three days after Jax’s birthday was my younger brother, Fargo’s, birthday. Three days after Fargo’s birthday was my birthday. Three days after that, it was my mother’s birthday. People called us the ‘three-day-chain,’ because of so many birthdays, all three days apart.

Jax, Fargo, and I were already planning our parties.

Jax wanted to rent a car with three of his friends — Jack, Louis, and Clark. (Just kidding. Clark’s name was really Jacob, but they all called him Clark, it "sounded cooler.") My mother first didn’t agree, because, as she always said — cars were dangerous, and besides, he was underage! Blah, blah, blah. Who cared? Other people drove in them, so they couldn’t be that dangerous.

Fargo wanted to get Sunny Clap and his "Band of Sunshine" to perform at our house, but my mother declined that as well. Sunny and the Sunshines were a big hit these days, and Fargo was young, so he was into those types of bands.

My idea of a birthday party was the only one my mother accepted.

A wild, booze-ridden party.

Okay, maybe not booze-ridden. Not too many of my friends drank; mostly just guys drank. I could invite Vera, Lesley… no, scratch Lesley. I could invite Lynn. And Mora. And… some other girls I met on the street.

Either way, it would be a wild one.

* * *

Jax had spent his birthday drinking with is buddies. Apparently Louis was old enough to obtain booze, so he’d gotten it for them, though I wondered how Jax had more now. Fargo had seen Sunny and the Sunshines, but at a local concert. And I was getting my party. Tonight.

I had invited Vera, Lynn, Mora, and Lesley, even though Lesley probably wouldn’t come. I expected big gifts, at least $200 from each girl, and some fashionable accessory, at the least.

I was wrong.

Vera brought me a beautiful tortoiseshell hairclip, which, I must admit, looked nice in my blonde ringlets. But where was the money? Lynn brought $20 and some alcohol, but none of us drank any, except for Jax. Was he getting to be an alcoholic? Mora brought a big bowl of celery (negative calories, good for keeping shape) and big, red pumps, but they were a bit big.

I was not happy.

I sent them all home because of my displeasure. Immediately. They were permanently expelled from the Hale home.

However, the biggest surprise I experienced was my father’s.

We got a strange phone call from jail one day, which was rare. My mother answered it, and began crying.

My siblings and I all pestered her. She shook us away, sobbing, her whole body rocking in agony.

Finally, she hung up, telling us she’d speak to us about it at dinner. Until then, she did not want to hear a peep out of us.

Jax was the only one who didn’t stay quiet, but did not pester Mom. This was because he was too busy in his room, drinking more alcohol that Louis had obtained.

However concerned about myself I might me, I was growing worried for Jax. I had seen alcoholics, and this was not looking good for him, especially at his young age.

I was going to confront him at dinner.

Until then, I brushed my hair, playing with it, bouncing it. I stared at my beautiful face, my big, full lips, my long arms and thin legs.

My mother called us for dinner just as I was getting to my extravagant feet.

We picked at our dinner slowly. Jax was having trouble picking up the food, and was mumbling nonsense. Once he sobered out a bit, I muttered, “Jax, you’re getting a drinking problem.”

Jax looked me straight in the eye, and mumbled, “No. Iiiii’m noooot.” The words were drawled out, very unusual for Jax.

“Yeah, Jax, you are. You drank all of the booze Lynn brought. You got drunk on your birthday! And now, you’re sitting here drunk right now. Thanks to Louis.”

Jax smiled a tipsy smile and shook his head. “Nu-uhhhhh. Annnd Loouuis is goooood.” Again the words were drawn out.

My mother silenced us by banging her fork. “Be… quiet.” she sniffled. She didn’t seem to notice Jax.

I shrugged, and worked at my salad. Extra celery, of course.

Dinner dragged on yet silently longer.

Finally, my mother murmured something that crashed my world, even if I pretended like it didn’t matter. Underneath all of the shock, I knew it did matter.

“Your father is dead.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

:) Drama, huh? You know you love it. C'mon, admit it. Check soon for Chapter 4!