Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
The Other One by TeamEdward1234






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 73]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Twilighted Beta: shabbyapple
Author's Chapter Notes:

I do not own Twilight or any of it's original characters. I do, however, own William Stanley Drake, so don't you dare steal him!


BPOV

If everything would work out the way we always wanted to, then the world would be gone. Good people who let their greatest desires rule the way they live are good people no longer. And as it says in a hit Rolling Stones song, you cant always get what you want– but if we try sometimes, we get what we need.

This held no exception for me. About nine months ago the man that held every ounce of my love, the man that I had wanted more than anything in life, had left me. For the first four or five months I didn’t do anything at all. Just sat around. Just survived. Barely. I did not have a life, I did not have anything.

When my dad threatened to send me to Jacksonville with my mom, I began to try. I tried to do things with people, to make something of this life. I found a friend in someone very unlikely. A werewolf, Jacob Black, and when I was around him, I was almost happy. He even took me cliff diving once, he had promised me he would, and we had a blast doing it.

I didn’t get what I want, but since I tried, I got what I needed.

************************************************************************

It was the start of another routine school day. I woke up to the pouring rain outside my window. It was starting to pool on the floor around the window. My window was always open, always. I secretly hoped that one night he would climb through my window and hold me through the night, tell me he wanted me, tell me he had lied.

Silly me.

I got up and started towards the bathroom to get ready. After I brushed my teeth and hair I slipped into some fresh clothes before heading downstairs for some breakfast.

I kissed Charlie goodbye before running to my car, trying to get out of the rain as soon as possible. Jamming the key into the ignition the car slowly purred to life. I slowly puttered my way down the street until I found myself in the parking lot of the school. In a desperate attempt to escape the rain I ran inside the doors of the school.

I arrived to English, my first class of the day, with time to spare. The book I was silently reading killed time before class started. "Okay class, today we will be starting the epic journey of Romeo and Juliet," he proudly announced. The class had no response other than a few groans from unwilling students. Me on the other hand, loved Romeo and Juliet. Sortof. Lately it had been like I was living the story line, and that was more than I could bear to read.

Mr. Kryser started winding his way around the room, handing out books in the process. "Who can tell me a summary of Romeo and Juliet? Bella?" I stammered as I tried to find the words that were suddenly jumbled in my head Mr. Kryser turned towards the door just as someone knocked quietly on it. I was grateful for the interruption.

Mr. Kryser opened the door and found two other people standing on the other side. "Sir, this is your new student," my body immediatly sat up straiter, trying to steal a glance at the new student.

"Of course," Mr. Kryser said as he stepped aside, letting the kid enter the room and into everyone’s view. Some girls gasped when they saw them, as did I. He was not the new student I had been hoping for. "Okay everyone, this is William. He will be joining our class, and today is his first day– so be nice. Okay William," he gestured towards the boy, "there’s an open seat right over there, next to Bella. Why don’t you go sit there?"

The boy, William, responded with a voice that sounded like music, "Sure,". He gracefully made his way over to where I was sitting and placed himself delicately in the seat next to mine. I couldn’t take my eyes off him, for reasons he did not know, or did?

His skin was as pale as the moon, and perfectly smooth. He had a certain glow about him that everyone in the room could feel. He was unimaginably beautiful in every way. And his eyes– his eyes were what only proved my suspicion correct. His eyes were a piercing honey gold. Almost topaz.

No, this was not a boy. This was one of them. This was a vampire.

*********************************************************************

WPOV

I As I carefully placed myself in the chair next to this girl, Bella, I paid special attention not to touch her with my ice-cold skin. She stared at me, her mouth open, as did many other girls did. But the look in her eyes were different. They were not of admiration as all the others were, hers were full of disbelief and accusation– and pain.

She was looking over every part of my body, but not in an appreciative manner, more like she was checking to see if I was really sitting here next to her. Her examination ended when she looked into my eyes. She looked as if she knew exactly what I was. But how could she? She was just some girl in this rainy town called Forks that no one has ever heard of.

Class started and she tore her eyes from me, flipping her hair over her shoulder giving her something to hide behind. As Mr. Kryser dragged on and on about Romeo and Juliet, a play I had all but read 1,000 times, she just stared at the clock on the wall. Counting down the minutes until the end of class.

I had never produced this reaction out of anyone. When Bella gathered her things and sprinted out of class I was left completely stunned. The other children took their time leaving as they were all still staring at me, trying to decipher more about me.

I slowly assembled myself and before I made it out the door I became the confident student I always was. My next class was biology and I found it quickly. When I found my seat a few girls, whose names I later found out were Jessica and Lauren, asked me a few questions about myself.

I told them my full name, William Stanley Drake, how old I was, eighteen, where I was from, a remote part of Canada, and why I had moved here, my dad found a job at the police department. They seemed to be pretty interested with my story, and the kept commenting me on my "sexy hair". I had a pretty large physic, not obese by any means, just muscular.

My hair was a blonde with a few lighter highlights. It was to my ears on the sides, and to the top of my neck in the back, kinda curly and swooping to the left. My eyes changed from gold to black depending on when my last meal was, and my skin was always pale white, cold, and hard.

 

I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about the way Bella had reacted to me today. Surely she didn’t know my secret, no human was allowed to know. And even if she did know what I was, she most definitely was not frightened of me, not in that way at least. I guess I’d just have to wait and find out for myself.

I tried to use my power to see through her eyes. That was what I carried with me to my vampire life. As a human, I had always been able to put myself into other peoples shoes, now as a vampire that was exactly what I could do, sort of. I could see what other people/vampires/animals were seeing through their eyes at that exact moment and I could hear what they were hearing. It was literally like being in someones shoes.

When I tried to channel into Bella's mind I was suprised to find that I could not. That was a first for me, and very peculiar.

I tried using my power again to tune into the people around her, which proved to no avail. Yes, I could see through them, but they were not looking at her or talking about her. Hmm, I'd have to find out more about her.

The bell rang and I made my way out of the classroom and toward the cafeteria. Upon entering I made my way over to a table, but on my way someone bumped into me.

They started tumbling down so I reflexively caught them before they hit the ground. I heard a loud "umph!" and when I looked down I was staring into the most beautiful pair of chocolate brown eyes that could only be owned by the mysterious Bella Swan.

Chapter End Notes:

Tell me what you think. I good start?

 I revised this from before, sorry if I confuse anyone by taking some things out. Sorry !

 ! I revised AGAIN. Im sorry, im sorryy, im sorry! Just READ IT if you didn't already, because I changed up Will's power and whatnot. SO yeah, sorry (:

Please review, it really does make my day. And if I really enjoy reading your review, I may mention you in the chapter notes of my next chapter! Or I could use your ideas, with credit towards you!