Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
First Sight (ONE-SHOT) by addictedtotwilight






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 22]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Thanks to enb2004 for beta'ing this for me. You're amazing!


I looked down at the still body of my wife. Her lifeless body lay on the cold metal table; I stroked her cheek gently with my thumb. She was still warm. Of course she still would be; the venom was still spreading throughout her body. I sighed and ran my fingers through my bronze tresses.

“Come on Bella,” I whispered. I didn’t know what I was expecting, but right now, I was terrified that I’d done something wrong.

“Edward, Bella’s going to be fine. I’ve seen it. I promise you she will be alright but right now I think there’s someone who wants to see her Daddy,” Alice smiled at me.

Daddy. I had never thought that word could apply to me. I glanced at Alice and then to the lifeless body of my wife. I opened my mouth to say something but clamped it shut again. There were no words for this feeling. My wife was lying on the table before me possibly dying… no, I couldn’t think like that… and my daughter was downstairs with her aunt. My daughter. Renesmee. That was the name Bella had picked. It suited her; she was one of a kind. There would never be anyone else like her. “Edward, she’s not going anywhere. I promise you. She’d want you to see her Edward. She’s your daughter.” I glanced at Bella and then to my sister who was staring at me with pleading eyes.

I leaned over and kissed Bella’s forehead. “I’ll be right downstairs,” I promised. Alice wasn’t even squeal happily like I expected she would be. She just smiled at me and said, “Thank you Edward.” I didn’t fail to catch the double meaning laced in her words. She wasn’t only thanking me for seeing Renesmee; she was thanking me for giving my family a child. The one thing they all wanted and couldn’t have. This girl was going to be spoilt rotten. I followed Alice down the stairs apprehensively. Rosalie was sat in the living room holding a small yellow bundle in her arms.

“Rose,” Alice said, announcing our presence. Rosalie looked up with a heartbroken expression, she reluctantly rose from her seat and handed me the small bundle. I gazed down at my daughter; she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Her mouth pulled into a small ‘o’ shape as she let out a yawn. Even yawning she was beautiful, her soft ivory cheeks were flushed- a constant reminder of the blood that ran through her veins. Despite that fact, I wasn’t at all attracted to the smell. It was sweet and she smelt so similar to her mother but I didn’t have the uncontrollable bloodlust that I expected. She slowly opened her eyes to reveal the beautiful brown eyes that I loved. Bella’s eyes. I smiled because I had never expected to see them again. She reached up to touch my face but eventually settled for taking a fistful of my shirt, as she couldn’t reach. I looked around me, everyone had gone, I hadn’t even noticed because I was so entranced by the perfect creature in my arms.

“Hello,” I whispered. “I’m your Daddy.” It felt odd talking to a baby but something in her eyes told me that she understood what I was saying.

She stared at me and reached her hand up again, a small cry escaped her when she couldn’t reach my face. “Sshhh,” I soothed. I knew nothing about children, in fact I couldn’t recall if I had ever actually held a baby before. I tensed at the sudden realisation. What if I was doing something wrong? Renesmee shifted in my arms, her face turned into my chest. She seemed happy. I smiled down at her as she fell asleep again. She looked so much like her mother when she was asleep. I could watch her sleep for eternity, it was so enchanting. I stood there with her in my arms for an immeasurable amount of time; it could have been minutes, hours or even days. I would spend my life this way if I could, the only thing that would make this any better would be if Bella was by my, our side.

“Edward,” Carlisle shouted as he rushed in.

“Hey Grandma and Grandpa,” I whispered.

Esme’s face lit up when she saw the bundle in my arms. She approached me slowly, “Can I?” she asked timidly. I hadn’t given away that Bella was wrong about the gender of our daughter yet. I was waiting for them to find out for themselves. There were hundreds of blue blankets that Rosalie and Alice had bought but no pink ones; they were all expecting a boy. Luckily though, they had managed to buy a yellow one. I was glad Rosalie wrapped her in yellow. It was a girly colour but it didn’t give anything away. She smiled at me as I placed her granddaughter into her waiting arms. I heard her breath catch as she realised, she looked up at me for confirmation. I just nodded.

“She’s beautiful Edward,” Esme whispered.

Carlisle, who had been observing the interaction from the other end of the room, looked up at me. She? he asked in his thoughts.

I nodded and smiled at him, “Bella was wrong. It wasn’t a boy. It’s a girl. Renesmee,” I told him smiling.

“Congratulations son.”

I smiled, “Thanks, grandpa.”

His face lit up. “How is she?” he asked. I knew he was talking about Bella.

“Alice said that she’ll wake up, but she’s not moving and I just can’t help thinking I did something wrong,” I whispered letting al the insecurities I had been holding in out.

“Edward. She has a good, strong heartbeat. She’s going to be fine. Remember, we never bet against Alice for a reason.”

I smiled and Esme handed Renesmee back to me. She fit in my arms so perfectly; it was like they were designed to hold her.

He looks so peaceful holding her, Esme thought. He’s going to be a wonderful father. That little girl is going to be spoilt rotten.

I laughed, “Of course she is,” I murmured. “She has the entire family wrapped around her little finger. “

Aww, Esme sighed. Her mind was invaded by images of the son she lost as she leant into Carlisle’s chest.

As Nessie’s eyes fluttered open, I could hear her thoughts clearly and they were full of pictures of Bella.

“She’s asleep,” I whispered. Renesmee stared up at me with longing in her eyes, “She’ll be awake soon. I promise.” She seemed to sigh in my arms; it was though she understood every word I was saying. “You want to see her don’t you?” I whispered, stroking her bronze curls. At least there was something of me in her. Everything else was all Bella and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Something flickered across her face and I knew she wanted her mother. “Come on,” I whispered. I didn’t really want her first memories of her mother to be like this but she needed to see her.

I gently pushed open the door carefully balancing Renesmee in one hand, “Hi love. We’re back,” I said quietly. I sat down in the chair beside Bella and gently rocked Nessie in my arms. Before I knew what I was doing, I was telling her the story of how Bella and I met, minus James, Victoria, Laurent and the Volturi.

Oh god, what am I going to do? I imprinted on his kid. He’s going to kill me. Damn it. Mind reading. Umm, ah damn it. Jacob. I was going to kill him.

Rosalie was at the door, smirking in an instant. I kissed Renesmee’s forehead. “Daddy will be right back. I just need to kill Jacob,” I told her, and I handed her to Rosalie who was smiling happily.

I ran down the stairs, Jacob was glancing at the door, ready to make an escape. “Edward,” he started. He was clearly terrified, and so he should be. I was going to kill him. “We can talk about this. You know it is something I can’t control.’ A low, feral growl escaped from my chest and Jacob tensed.

“My daughter? You imprinted on my daughter and you think we can talk about this?” I was furious; this was the boy who had tried to steal my wife from me just months before and now he was going to steal my daughter from me. But, truthfully, if she had to be imprinted on by somebody, I was glad it was him. He would never leave her, no harm would come to her and most importantly, Bella would still have her best friend.

I hissed at him and I could hear Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett and Alice stifling laughter behind me, “You better start running, dog.”

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading, please review! :)