Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
A Ghostly Whisper (One-Shot) by allyoop96






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 1]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Twilighted Supervisory Beta: qjmom
Twilighted Junior Validation Beta: myimm0rtal

Author's Chapter Notes:

I do not own Twilight or any of its characters – they are the property of Stephenie Meyer and all those connected with the Twilight experience.


Bella stood near the edge of a lush green cliffside overlooking the rippling ocean. Her auburn, waist-length tresses flowed freely behind her as a light breeze off the ocean blew around her. Tears filled her eyes as she continued her silent vigil of the sea. Her tiny hands gently touched the small protruding bump on her abdomen – her petite figure shivered slightly.

"Edward," she whispered sadly.

More tiny crystalline tears slid down her slightly reddened, wind-kissed cheeks, as Bella continued whispering into the air around her.

"It’s a girl, Edward. She’s doing fine, and so am I. She’s the only thing that keeps me here."

Painful visions began to flash before Bella’s eyes

~*~

Darkness was approaching the early evening, as a young couple stood in a passionate embrace just inside the town park. Edward, a tall, well-built man of about twenty-three with short russet locks, held the love of his life, Bella, within his strong masculine arms. He stared down at her lovingly – his topaz eyes penetrating her soul.

Removing his arms from around her, Edward took hold of her left hand and reached into his jacket pocket, pulling out a small diamond ring. Without a word, Edward placed the ring on her left ring finger before cupping her face in his rough calloused hands. His thin manly lips descended upon her tiny pale pink ones – initiating a fiery kiss that spoke more than words.

What had started out as a joyous moment quickly turned to a terrifying situation. A strange dark figure accosted the young lovers, pointing a gun. Instinctively, Edward pushed Bella behind him, protectively shielding her from the gun toting fiend.

The gunman demanded any valuables the two had on them, stating no one would get hurt if they each complied. Edward angrily refused, which frightened Bella, who feared for her lover's safety – as well as her own. She quickly removed the ring she’d just received and her watch and tossed both toward the robber.

Seeing the thief momentarily distracted, Edward attacked the man, wrestling him to the ground. For Bella, time seemed to slow down to a crawl.

Suddenly, a gunshot rang out into the night.

Bella watched as the robber jumped up from the ground -- paying her no mind -- feverishly grabbing his loot before fleeing the scene. Bella stood completely numb, as she ignored the escaping crook, and stared at the prone body of her beloved Edward.

Instantly, Bella dropped to her knees beside her love, begging him to hold on. That was the night her life changed forever. Not only had she lost her one true love, but she never got to tell him that they were expecting their first child.

~*~

Bella closed her eyes, trying her hardest the compose herself – not just for her sanity, but for the life of her unborn child.

"Isabella."

Her eyes snapped opened at the sound of the affectionate pet name Edward had always called her. Looking around, Bella tried to locate the owner of the voice, but realized she was alone.

"You are not alone, Bella. I’ll always be with you. I love you, my beloved Isabella."

A small smile graced Bella’s lips as she listened to the ghostly whisper, and softly patted her belly. She was rewarded with a small kick from the unborn child within her womb.

‘Yes,’ she thought, ‘Edward will always be with me.’