Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Moving to NYC (One-Shot) by ellocinnicolle






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 1]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I just wanted to do a short one-shot on how Jasper may feel as a human in love.  He is my favorite character and his love for Alice is always evident.

 

Disclaimer: Characters belong of SM, all credit to her.  This is just my twist, and her story.

 

twilighted supervisory beta: Blondie

twilighted validation beta: NoMoreThanUsual

 


I finally close the door of our new apartment, effectively blocking out the chaotic world surrounding me.  I sigh and take in the bare walls of this small space. I picture the walls, neutral and crammed with pictures and photos, the far wall, a floor to ceiling bookcase stuffed with my history book and non-fiction collection, in the centre, our huge black leather sofa.  I know I’ll be happy here, this will be my home.  Home, thinking of home bringing memories of my dear loving family and friends. STOP, I demand myself. I can’t exactly end up in floods of tears after only one night here.  I’m here for a reason, hundreds of miles from all those I love, all those except one, except my Alice.  That’s why I moved here, I am following the love of my life, my happiness is in hers, and her happiness in here in New York City.  Alice, is my life, fashion is hers, New York IS fashion, therefore here I am.  Luckily, I  got a job in a good city high school, where I will be teaching History, my passion.  I love being a teacher, love imparting my knowledge upon those seeking truth, seeing understanding pass over the faces of the students, feel the elation of the students as they see their grades.  Yes, their grades, I’m not one to be boastful, but I truly believe teaching is my calling. I’m pretty great, even if I say so myself.  I pick up quickly on students’ strengths, weaknesses, how they learn, what they love, and I do put in extra time.  I am known for staying late and having in-depth discussion of any part of history, but don’t get me started on the Civil Wars, many a student has made that mistake, quickly growing to regret it.

 

 

 

Beep, Beep

 

 

 

The shill sound of my phone alerting me to a text breaks me from my minds wandering.

 

 

 

Hey babe.

 

Glad to hear you landed safe.

 

Sorry, I couldn’t text straight back, I was my last meeting, before NYC.

 

Can’t wait to get out there and see you.

 

What do you think of the apartment?

 

Do you like it, I hope you do, I see so much potential.

 

Oh, I know you’ll hate it but you can have that massive bookcase you want.

 

Even though it totally doesn’t go with the theme, see how much I love you.

 

See you tomorrow.

 

I love you, always, but you already know that.

 

All my heart,

 

Alice.

 

 

 

I laugh quietly to myself, anyone would think I haven’t told Alice a million times, “texts are short and sweet”.  I know she can’t help it, God knows what it would be like to be in that head of hers, always a million miles an hour.  But my girl knows me well, and bonus, I get the bookcase, without pleading.  Still, knowing my girl is still thousands of miles away punctures my heart and I feel my throat go dry.  Man up, Whitlock.  Quickly I texted her back, short and sweet.

 

 

 

Don’t worry, baby, I love the apartment, you chose it.

 

Counting the seconds till you are here in my arms.

 

I’d give you my heart, but that’s yours now.

 

Jasper.

 

 

 

I frown casually, at my heartfelt words.  Noone sees the side of me Alice knows.  I become helpless for that girl, she holds all the cards, though I’d never tell her that.  People think I can be mushy around her, but hell, they have no idea.  She may be small but she has a might big heart and it knocks me down each time I thick of her, my Alice, my world.