Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Breaking Down by Kate_cullen






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 5]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Twilighted beta: vjgm
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first attempt to write anything so I hope you like it!

I stared through the window of the church in Forks. My father’s only wish was that I to be married in a church. I didn’t want all the attention, but it was the least that I could do since I was still planning to end my natural life, and Charlie didn’t have a clue.

I agreed to let Alice handle all the wedding details; I knew nothing of such things. Alice promised to not take things out of proportion. My dress was simple; Strapless, white chiffon. She special ordered it from Italy. I managed to convince her that the whole town of Forks didn’t need be invited. Once again, I didn’t want all the attention. We settled on a guest list of twenty five.

I stared out the window, watching the guests arrive. Jessica and Mike were there and she seemed peeved at Mike for some reason. I wondered if he was still in love with me, but I never mentioned it to Edward, I didn’t think he would appreciate that very much. Mike glanced up at the window and smiled. My suspicions confirmed, I flashed a brief smile back.

Next to arrive were Angela and Ben. They came up the walkway and I felt a small jolt in my heart. Angela was my best friend when I first arrived in Forks. I quickly turned away from the window.

I heard a barely audible knock on the door and immediately knew it was Alice.

"Come on in, Alice" I said.

"You look absolutely amazing!" She said as she seemed to float across the room. "Edward’s going to be floored!"

"Alice..." I said timidly. "Am I doing to right thing?"

"Do you love him?" she asked

I paused for a moment, almost caught off guard "Yes, you know I do."

"Well, we all know he loves you! Don’t worry about it Bella, everything will be just fine."

Alice bolted out of the room giggling, but I hardly seemed to notice her exit, distracted by what was going to happen in a few short moments. On top of that, my mind was suddenly occupied with the thought of dying. I had made up my mind. I wanted to spend the rest of eternity with Edward, and nothing was going to change my mind.

As I stood looking in the mirror at my reflection, I heard the door creak open. Assuming it was Alice; I didn’t look back.

"Bella..."

When I finally turned around, I saw it wasn’t Alice.

"DAD!" I ran to him and crashed into his open arms.

"My little girl is getting married." He said softly, I knew we was still apprehensive of the marriage. "I’ll miss you terribly, you know."

"I'll miss you more than you'll ever know, dad." It was easier now to call him dad instead of Charlie.

He smiled and turned around and went out the door. I was again looking in the mirror, fidgeting with my dress, when I heard the door creak again.

"Bella...It’s time."

I turned to see Rosalie, her beautiful presence filling the room. That was one perk of becoming a vampire, the unparalleled beauty. She walked into the room and closed the door behind her and my stomach started fluttering. Rosalie’s dislike of me was no secret, she made it very apparent to me and everyone else for that matter. Edward once told me that she was jealous of the fact that I was still human, still able to have human experiences.

"Bella, can I talk to you?" She asked softly.

"Sure, whatever you need."

She sat down on the sofa next to the window and looked out at the beautiful day that she could never experience. I could see that whatever she wanted to say was very difficult for her. I went over and sat down beside her. She took my hands and looked at me with the most sincere look I’d ever seen on her face.

"I just wanted you to know that I know Edward loves you, and nothing can change that. I just want to be sure that you’re completely aware of what you’re giving up. If I would have had a choice, I never would have given my life up, it’s far too precious to be so careless with. I know I have been cold to you, I just couldn’t fathom that you wanted to give willingly up something so beautiful, so fragile."

"Rosalie, I have taken everything into consideration. It’s going to hurt me to leave my family, friends. But I can’t leave him, even if I live to be 100 years old, I will still die and leave him here, alone."

Rosalie smiled. "Just as long as you promise me something."

"Anything."

"Just promise me, that you will love him forever."

"I can do more than promise you that, I'll spend eternity showing you."

She gave me a warm smile and got up and reached for my hand "Well, here we go."

I grabbed her hand and followed her to the door. When we left the room, I was met by Esme. She was just as beautiful as ever, dressed in a knee length dark blue dress. It hung on her frame perfectly, accenting every perfect feature.

She walked over to me and whispered in my ear "Your absolutely beautiful, Bella. You’re everything he's ever wanted. I love you, don’t forget that." She gave me a soft kiss on my check.

I blushed and looked at her with love. "How could I ever forget that?"

I stood in the foyer of the church with Charlie. I had never seen him look so handsome, so proud.

"Bells, you’re stunning. I’m very happy to of spent the last few years with you. I love you more than you'll ever know."

"I know daddy, I love you too."

The music rang through the sanctuary. Alice, Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper all gave me looks of encouragement as they started up the aisle. I almost froze when I saw him standing at the altar. He wore a black suit and tie. His hair was in the same disarray as always. He looked more like a god than a vampire.

Would I ever become accustomed to his beauty?

As I started down the aisle, I could feel all eyes on me. It was quite nerve racking actually. Being the clumsy person I was, had to plan every step with very deep concentration. I made it to my love without the slightest slipup, to my great surprise.

Charlie turned to me and lifted my shoulder length veil and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I love you, Bells."

I smiled at him. I could hear Renee in the front row sniffling, saying something about losing her baby. I turned to her and gave her a reassuring smile which she returned

I left Charlie’s side and joined my groom.


The next half hour went by like a blur. I could only pick out a few words now and then. I spoke in the appropriate places, but mostly gazing into Edward’s topaz eyes. The priest got the part where we kiss, and I knew that I had to keep as composed as possible, which could prove to be a problem knowing my track record of past kisses.

Edward looked at me, smiling my favorite crooked smile, turned his head and leaned forward until his lips met mine. No kiss we had ever had amounted to the passion in this single kiss. I felt as if feet were 10 feet off the ground. But I didn’t feel dizzy, or faint as I had before. It was as if all the butterflies were gone, the church deserted, it was just the two of us.

I wasn't sure how long we were stuck in this passionate place, until I heard Alice behind me "Ahem."

We got shot right back to reality. We both looked around and met the gaze of astounded people in the crowd and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks.

After the ceremony, everyone went to the reception. As they danced and had a good time, I focused all my attention on Edward.

"Bella, my wife, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my 100 years on this earth." I was sure he said that just to see my face turn crimson.

I looked into his eyes "What did I ever do to deserve you?"

"You just so happened to sit by me in biology." He laughed, giving that warm crooked smile that sent chills down my spine every time.

"I’m just happy you didn’t dispose of me where I sat!"

"The thought did cross my mind..." he teased, as he flashed his teeth "You would have been very delicious."

We were in our own universe as Alice came up to us "Edward, may I steal your wife for a minute or two?"

"Of course, Alice, just don’t steal her for too long."

As we walked through the room, the doors opened and someone caught my eye...Jacob Black. I hadn't seen him since he vanished. My heart almost jumped from my chest. I could feel Alice tense at my side.

"It’s ok, Alice."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you Bella, I knew he was going to be here."

"It’s fine Alice, really. Could you give me a minute?"

"Of course, don’t be long. Edward can sense him here with you right now. He doesn’t like the fact he’s here."

"I'll just be a minute, Alice. I promise."

I walked across the room until I was just feet away from him

"Jacob," I said with a lump developing in my throat.

"Hello Bella, you look beautiful."

"Thank you, Jake. Why are you here?"

"I just wanted to wish you good luck with this, and I hope you think everything over before you make any rash decisions about ending your life. I love you, Bella. I just want you to make the right decision."

"I know you do, Jacob. I love Edward with everything I am. Any decision that I make with him, is anything but rash. Thank you for your concern." It sounded harsher than I intended. I could see the hurt in his eyes when he looked at me, my dress, and my wedding bands.

"I love you Jacob, you were there for me when I didn’t have anyone. You’re my best friend, and I will love you, forever."

With that Jacob turned and vanished.

All I could do was wonder if I would ever see him again.

My heart felt like it hit a brick wall. How could I be feeling these things on my wedding day? It took a minute to catch my breath.

I found my way back to my husband...my husband...wow...and stood faithfully at his side. He looked at me with a blank expression.

"I don’t think you will see him again, Bella. It’s far too hard for him."

I felt like my heart had just been ripped from my chest. My best friend...

All of a sudden, I felt Edward turn his head very abruptly to meet Alice’s blank stare and I knew, she was having a vision.

"Edward, we have to go now." Alice said in an unsteady voice.

The Volturi, they were coming to Forks again.

We walked at almost a human pace across the room, the family meeting at the door.

"Alice, what did you see?"

"They will be here in 2 days, Edward...you have to do it now, you can’t put it off any longer. It’s almost too late."

"Edward..." I cried

And then, everything went black.

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you like it! send some reviews for me!