Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Bonding Time by jemm101






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 99]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Twilighted Beta: Admittedly Obsessed


"Good morning, sweetheart," Edward murmured as he kissed my forehead. I rubbed an arm sleepily over my eyelids, getting used to the sudden brightness.            

"What time is it?" I asked groggily.           

I could hear the smile in Edward's voice as he answered, "Ten."           

"Ten!" I sat up quickly - bad idea. My head spun uncomfortably and I almost fell back down onto the pillows. 'Almost' because Edward's cool arm caught me and lowered me gently back down onto my bed. He chuckled quietly as my head spun uncomfortably.           

“What’s so funny?” I mumbled, wincing in pain.            

Instantly his hand was on my forehead, alleviating some of the pain. “Nothing, love, you just make me laugh sometimes, that’s all.”           

I groaned and lay there for a few minutes, when it suddenly hit me – again.            

“But if it’s ten, aren’t we going to be late for school?” I persisted, wondering how Edward could be so calm, cool, and collected at a time like this.            

He rolled those thick-lashed golden eyes and said, “Bella, we’re on summer break, remember?”           

“Oh,” I realized, a warm blush creeping up into my cheeks.           

Edward laid a hand against my cheek, sighing at the contact. “You’re so beautiful when you blush,” he told me, dazzling me with his eyes.           

I was temporarily lost in his golden gaze, until I remembered it was probably already ten-thirty. “I’m going to get dressed,” I announced, swinging my legs out of bed and avoiding the mirror. I knew I probably looked really bad this morning.           

“Good,” said Edward, tossing me a blouse of the shade of blue he liked so much. “Alice dropped off some clothes last night because we’ve all got a special announcement to tell you!”           

“What?” I questioned, grabbing my shower bag and towel from their spot on my desk. “Special announcement?”           

“Yes,” he said, still grinning his crooked smile. “I think you’ll like it.”           

“Sure,” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes and walking to the door.            

When I was dressed in Alice’s outfit (the blouse, new jeans, and white ballet flats) I found Edward in the kitchen, cooking. I could see he had tried to make me pancakes, but those were now in our garbage can. So, he had settled on toast with jelly.           

“Here you go, Bella,” he said, placing my plate in front of me. He then leaned down to give me a quick peck on the lips before sitting in the chair across from me.           

“Thanks,” I told him, biting into it. Even if he couldn’t make pancakes (at least not yet) the toast was absolutely perfect. I chewed slowly, and then put my piece down.           

“Is it not good?” he asked in a worrisome tone.           

“It’s perfect, Edward,” I assured him, taking another bite. I leaned across the table, in an attempt to give him a kiss, but instead he picked up my half-eaten piece of toast and began feeding me.            

“Eat up, love,” he instructed me, brushing a few stray locks of hair out of my face. He fed me another bite, and I grinned as I chewed.           

When I was finished, we went outside to his Volvo. He opened the passenger door for me, and I got in with poor grace.            

“How come we never take the truck, so I can drive for a change?” I grumbled. Edward simply laughed and took one of my arms that were crossed angrily across my chest. He rubbed it soothingly with his thumb, up and down, trying to get rid of my tension. Too bad it worked.           

When we got to his house, he was over to my door in a flash with his vampire speed and opened it for me.            

“Thanks,” I told him, getting out of the car. He flashed a crooked smile at me, making my heart flutter involuntarily. His grin widened when he heard it.           

“No problem.”           

When we walked inside, I was surprised to see that Edward was telling the truth: every single one of the Cullens were there. Carlisle and Esme, who were smiling from their spot by the piano. Emmett, who was smiling hugely, and his beautiful blonde wife Rosalie, who showed no expression, and Alice and Jasper. Alice was grinning almost as widely as Emmett (as if that were possible) and Jasper gave me a reassuring smile and sent a fresh wave of calm over me.           

“Well, Bella, I’m sure you’re wondering why we had Edward bring you over today,” Carlisle spoke first, stepping forward. “All of us-" (I glanced in Rosalie’s direction­) “want to get to know you a little better.”            “

"You do?” I asked, genuinely surprised. I thought we knew each other pretty well – I came over almost every day, and they had repeatedly saved me from death, whether it was by vampires, cars, or myself.           

“Yes, we do,” Esme said, coming forward to stand with her husband. “So, we have a fantastic idea!”           

Edward felt my sudden distress and pulled me closer, kissing my hair. Jasper sent another wave of calm over me.           

"So, Bella, we've come up with ‘bonding time’!” Alice cried excitedly. I processed this for a moment.           

“Bonding time?”            

“Yes, bonding time!” she repeated. “During this summer, one day at a time, each of us will take you out for some vampire-to-Bella bonding time. We each get our own day, and everyone has to participate. The vampire gets to decide where they go."           

With Bella’s approval,” Edward finished, sternly glaring at his favorite sister.           

She laughed a bell-like laugh. “Right, right. But don’t worry, Bella, we are going to have such a fun time! I was thinking you and I would go shopping, or go to the spa, or -"           

She kept going on and on and on, but I had already tuned out. Bonding time? This was the big ‘special announcement’?            

Emmett boomed his laugh when he saw my face. “Don’t worry, little sister. We’re gonna have some fun.” His golden eyes danced mischievously.          

“So, when and who am I going to be having some ‘bonding time’ with first?” I asked, biting my lower lip in worry.            

Esme came to my side, pressing her cool lips to my forehead. “I am, sweetheart,” she told me. “And please don’t fret, because I promise we’ll do something fun.”           

“I trust you,” I murmured, turning to glare at Alice and Emmett. They both just laughed.           

“Remember, Bella, Monday morning!” Esme called as Edward led me up the stairs to his room. My blush was returning, and I needed some time alone.   

“'Kay!” I called back as cheerfully as I could manage. Oh dear.