Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
When Pigs Fly by GiveYourImmortalityToMe






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 112]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

One-shot...I think. I'll see how this is received and maybe I'll add to it. Anyway, I'll probably end up doing a series of fluffly, missing moments, one-shots eventually. Review if you would like to see more!

 I do not own Twilight or it's characters.  

twilighted Beta: blondie

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy the fluff.

 "Edward, calm down," I whispered to my very cross and very angry boyfriend.

 

"Bella, you can't hear what he's thinking, it's absolutely inappropriate," he hissed under hiss breath.

 

I sighed and looked over my shoulder to sneak a peak at Mike Newton. Of course he was staring at me and of course he had that slightly glazed over expression that he often wore when looking at me. I may not be able to hear exactly what he was thinking, but I could guess that it was less than wholesome.

 

"Just ignore it," I muttered turning back to Edward and placing my warm hand over his freezing arm, "let him think whatever he wants."

 

"I am not giving Mike Newton free reign to think about MY girlfriend that way," he growled possessively on the word "my" and gave Mike a dark glance over his shoulder. Mike noticed nothing, he was too immersed in his fantasies to comprehend much of anything. 

 

"Well, there's nothing you can do about it unless you beat him until he's incapable of higher brain function," I rolled my eyes and scribbled down an answer to the biology worksheet we were supposed to be completing.

 

"Or killed him," Edward added.

 

"I'm not sure I condone homicide," I said writing down another answer.

 

"I see it more as a public service," he shrugged and allowed me access to his already completed paper. I grumbled about perfection being a sin as I erased some of my incorrect answers and replaced them with his.

 

"Cheating is also a sin, love," he smirked as I changed the wording in some of my copied answers so that it wouldn't look suspicious.

 

"Then we'll both burn in hell together," I sighed dramatically and passed him back his paper with a look of feigned distress.

 

He chuckled and added his name to the top of the worksheet in his immaculate script.  He was in the middle of adding the second "l" to his last name when he stopped and a low growl hissed from his lips.

 

I grabbed his hand from the desk and squeezed it in mine, "Edward Cullen, what is the matter with you?" I whispered urgently.

 

"That boy is trying my patience," he said through clenched teeth. His whole body was tensed and he was wearing a look befitting of a vampire.

 

"It doesn't matter what he's thinking, you're the only one that gets to have me in real life," I said as I rubbed circles on his hand with my thumb.

 

"He's not just thinking anymore," he said in a strained voice, "he's plotting."

 

"Plotting what?" I said suspiciously as I chanced another quick glance at Mike. He was wearing a sly little grin that made my insides squirm.

 

Edward sighed and gave me a weak smile, "I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later and when you do, don't hesitate to rethink your view of homicide."

 

"I thought you said it was public service?" I teased.

 

"Bella."

 

"Yes, Edward?"

 

"Bite me," he smiled wickedly.

 

"Why Mr. Cullen! Now who is being inappropriate?"

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

I hobbled down the hallway with my hand held firmly in Edward's. I had enough trouble getting through the halls when my leg wasn't wrapped in a giant plaster cast, but now it was almost impossible. If Edward hadn't been willing to assist me to every class, then I was sure I would have fallen on my face and been trampled by the teenage masses. 

 

I gave him a blush and a smile as he leaned in to kiss me goodbye outside the girls locker room.

 

"Goodbye my love, parting is such sweet sorrow," he recited and with one last sweep of his hand against my cheek, he disappeared down the hallway.

 

I sighed in contentment as I entered the gym locker room where I would not be changing. One of the few advantages that accompanied my crippled leg was the glorious doctor's excuse that freed me from participating in gym for the remainder of the school year. I patted my cast lovingly and proceeded straight into the gymnasium. I took my post sitting along the sidelines and prepared for forty minutes of un-physical education.

 

The Mike Newton issue had almost been completely forgotten during the course of the day, but as I watched his eager form appear from the boy's locker room it all came rushing back to me. I quickly pulled out the iPod that Edward had given me as a get-well-soon present and fumbled with the tangled ear buds. Stupid things! If I could just get them in my ears, then maybe Mike would see I was busy and leave me alone!

 

"Hey Bella, need some help?" Mike asked as he came jogging over to where I sat.

 

"Um, no thanks Mike, I think I got it," I smiled weakly as the darn things finally came undone just seconds after his arrival. Typical.

 

"Hey, do you think you could meet me in the parking lot after gym?" Mike asked innocently as our gym teacher blew the start of class whistle, "there's something I have to ask you."

 

"Sure," I sighed dejectedly. He gave me a brilliant smile and ran to join his class. 

 

"Edward, if you're listening...save me."

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

Edward didn't meet me at the end of class, so I could only assume that he knew Mike's little plan and was determined to let me handle this myself. I sighed once again as Mike came bounding out of the locker room and offered to carry my books to my car.

 

"Thanks," I smiled without any real conviction and handed him my things, "but it's Edward's car that you'll be carrying them too. I can't drive remember?"

 

"Oh," he said looking a little embarrassed, "right, I forgot."

 

We headed towards the Volvo in awkward silence and I could almost hear the gears turning in Mike's head as we drew closer and closer to my salvation. Finally something clinked into place and Mike stopped and turned to face me.

 

"Bella," he sighed, "I just wanted to know if you would go to the prom with me."

 

It was only out of my regard for Mike's feelings that I did not burst out laughing.

 

"Mike, I'm dating Edward. You know that," I said apologetically, "and you and Jessica have really been hitting it off lately, why would you ask me to the prom?"

 

He looked like a kicked puppy and his eyes dropped to the ground, "I know, I just thought I'd try. I'v always liked you, but I guess you probably figured that out, huh?"

 

"Yeah," I nodded, "but I'm sorry I've always only thought of you as a friend. I still think of you that way."

 

"I know," he sighed and kicked at the ground, "I just thought that I'd try one more time before Cullen ran off with you to Vegas or something."

 

I chuckled and rolled my eyes, "Edward and I aren't getting married anytime soon, you make it sound like he's already picked out the ring."

 

"The way he looks at you I wouldn't put it past him," he chuckled too.

 

"Am I interrupting something?" Edward said lightly as he suddenly appeared at my side. To anyone else his tone would have seemed casual, but I picked up the faint trace of malice laced within his words.

 

"Nah, Bella just said something funny that's all," Mike grinned and handed my books over to Edward.

 

"Yes, she does do that occasionally," Edward agreed as he put his arm around my shoulders. Mike lingered for a few seconds before giving me a quick goodbye and rushing away from the tense silence that Edward had brought to the situation.

 

"Poor kid, he's delusional," I said shaking my head in exhausted amusement, "he actually thought I was going to go to the prom with him!"

 

"So, does this mean I still can't kill him?" he chuckled.

 

"No, Mike's a good kid, just a little stupid sometimes," I sighed as he helped me into the Volvo, "I mean me going to the prom? Yeah, that'll happen...when pigs fly."

 

"Well then, Wilbur's about to get wings," Edward muttered.

 

"What was that?"

 

"Oh, nothing love," he smiled and kissed my forehead, "now buckle up for safety."

 

Chapter End Notes:

Continue? End it here? I'm torn, you tell me.