Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Education of our Peers by Juliett Dawson






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 33]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story has eight completed chapters ready to post. Unfortunately, it is not an eight-chaptered story. It should be longer, but I am unable to come up with any new ideas, or true story line. If anyone is willing to be a co-author for this story, please PM. And only PM me if you are really serious about writing, can help me with about one chapter a week, and is truly skilled at comedic writing. For more information, send me a message. Thanks for reading!

Twilighted beta:vjgm

Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Education of our Peers

Chapter 1- The End of Dignity

It had to have been the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to ever happen in the history of the Cullen family, myself included. To my utter disappointment, my photographic memory would never allow me to shake those images from my head. Cringing as some of those scenarios we had been forced into replayed themselves in my mind, warm, silky flesh wrapped around my arms.

"It isn't that bad, right? I mean, one day you will..." The voice of my love was soothing and soft as it trailed off.

"Forget? I wish." I snorted and scoffed, then curved myself to allow her to fit into my embrace.

She curled up her legs and leaned into my chest as we sat on the black leather couch in my room. Her arms held tightly onto my neck, and her head rested on my shoulder. The chocolate brown eyes that warmed my soul stared wistfully into mine, her soft lips curving into a smile. I lay my head gently above hers, careful not to allow my weight to press onto her, and inhaled deeply. Her strawberry shampoo mixed wonderfully with her freesia-scented blood that raced to her cheeks. Her heart rate fluttered rapidly, her breaths became more frequent until they stopped all together.

"Breathe, Bella." I reminded, then began placing feathery kisses on her head. For a reason that I was not aware of, her fragile body began to shake with laughter than she desperately tried to stifle. Leaning my head away to look at her, confusion entered my expression. "Love?"

"Sorry. It's nothing...really."

I knew she was lying, and this was one of the many times that I wished her mind was accessible to me, but I knew how to persuade. This time, as realization struck, it was of no use, for I figured it out all on my own.

"You are thinking about it, aren't you." It was not a question, merely a confirmation.

"No," she began to clutch her stomach as she broke into hysterics.

"You are an awful liar. You don't have to be a mind reader to know that." Bella scowled, and knew I was right.

"But you can't read my mind." Her lips pouted, and her eyes widened.

"I am aware of that. But I can read your face." Laughter overcame her once more, and I slid out from under her and fiddled around my CD player.

"Sorry, Edward, but you should have seen your face..."

"I have, in four different perspectives, thank you very much. Now please love, can we try to take our minds off of it?" I pushed the play button, and raised Bella into the air, and then onto my feet. Without a word between us, I held her close to my chest, my hand on her back and the other clasped around hers as we swayed. My feet followed the pattern of steps with ease, not affected whatsoever to the decades that separated today from the day that I had learned them.

The music filled the room, filling every corner with the sounds from the time when I had celebrated my fortieth year. I closed my eyes, and whispered into her ear. "I love you."

"I love you," she replied in her honey-voice, twisting my lips into a smile.

We danced cheek to cheek, and no other thoughts nor memories, nor thoughts of those around me could invade the moment we shared. This was the only reality, the only reason for my existance. Supporting her back with my arm, I allowed gravity to ease Bella backwards as I dipped her toward the floor.

Her hair draped over the floor as she laughed, her smile evident from the surprise. As I pulled her back toward me, her laughter only increased into a rumble that shook her until tears seeped out of her eyes. This reaction was not from the dip. I released her and sat back on the couch.

"I ruined the moment, didn't?" Bella admitted while trying to control her laughter.

"At least there is some shred of hope that one day you may forget this, even if I cannot."

"I'm sorry, Edward. It wasn't your fault, you know that."

"I know. I guess time heals all wounds, I just wish that could apply to me." She put her hands on mine and knelt beside me.

"It does. Just because you can't get hurt does not mean that it can't work for emotional wounds." I brought her lips to mine, and kissed her with all the tenderness I could muster.

"Hey Edward, er, Bella...sorry to interrupt, but..."

"Get out Emmett."

"What? It's not like you guys are gonna do anything..." I lept from the couch and slammed into my brother. While he claimed to be stronger, everyone in my family knew I was the fastest. I punched him repeatedly, and even considered biting him. Instead, I settled for clawing his shirt to shreds with my hands.

"Edward, I am a married man..." He did not know when enough was enough. Snarling from deep inside my chest, the only force that could keep me from attacking him held me back.

"Enough, boys." The calm, stern voice of my mother soothed my anger, temporarily at least. "Now, we all have something to be ashamed of, and I will not stand for fighting or so help me you will be existing on squirrels for a year."

"My apologies, Esme."

"Sorry Mom."

I walked back into my room and darted to Bella's side. I exhaled deeply, and felt my rage dwindle.

"How did we get stuck into this situation?" I asked rhetorically.

"We weren't stuck into it, we were assigned to it. We had to." Her compassion comforted me a little, but not nearly as much as it needed to. I sank into the couch, and thought about that first day that would haunt me forever. Forever is a very long time, and it would be even longer with the fuel my siblings needed to burn me, figuratively of course.

It was raining as usual, the drop pounding on the roof of the gym. Bella and my siblings all congregated on a section of the bleachers, separating ourselves subtly from the rest of the student body.

Hundreds of heartbeats filled the gym, along with varied breaths. I searched for a mind that was aware of the subject of the meeting, but found none. Alice had known, of course, and successfully kept the secret from me. No matter how I persuaded or distracted, she knew my intentions before I even did, and was therefore impenetrable. The rest of my family was not privileged to the information either, and were truthfully questioning the meaning as I was, and as the rest of the students were.

I searched the area for the nearest teacher, but all that I heard were repeats of questions wondering why the principal was the only staff member who knew the purpose. The microphone was clicked on, and the chatter dimmed to whispers, then to silence. The principal walked behind the podium, and I concentrated on his inner monologue.

These students are not going to be happy about this, it will be a great opportunity though. Hmm, I wonder what my wife packed me for lunch, I hope it is a turkey sandwich...

I became bored instantly, and knew that there was nothing I could do about the scenario we were about to be presented with. The principal tapped on the microphone, shattering our ears with the metallic shriek. Groans filled the gym, and he began to speak.

"Good morning students. Today, we have a new assignment for you. Every grade will nominate five students, and I will choose three of those five to participate. Before I tell you the subject, I must say that everyone who is not included in the three will be writing an essay on how effective those three were." I tried to comprehend the meaning in his words, and searching his thoughts for any information of importance, only to find none. I sat back, frustrated, as Bella put her hand on mine. We smiled at each other for a moment, and she focused her attention back to the man behind the podium.

"You will be nominating five people in your grade to become student teachers for your classes! And you will be writing reports on their effectiveness." Moans filled the space, dread now existing in all of the students. Jasper sat in front of me, and began to knot his fingers in his hair as he did when emotions became overwhelming.

"Are you alright, Jasper?" I whispered low enough for him only to hear.

"These kids have anger issues," he whispered back. He was not wrong; the minds of the students raced from stressful thoughts of numerous other projects to fantasies of murdering the Principal in violent scenes. The students here had problems, that was not debatable.

We were handed ballots, and we scribbled down names of various students to torture. My fingers scrawled down the names Mike Newton, Jessica Stanley, Eric Yorkie, Tyler Crowley, and Lauren Mallory. Those were certainly deserving. Curiosity overwhelmed me. Who else was being nominated?

Don't flip out, Edward. Alice directed her thoughts toward me. I looked at her, and a faint smile creased her face. Someone so small should not be able to fit in so much evil. Concentrating on the thoughts around me, my eyed widened in horror.

Hmm, maybe the perfect Cullens should, they are straight A students...Edward Cullen, Alice Cullen, the Hales for sure, maybe even the big one...Those freaky-ass Cullens need a little dose of humiliation...I hope Rosalie will teach my class-hott!...Newton, and Hale for sure, maybe the rest of them too...Swan, yes, definitely Swan, her boyfriend too...Swan, Cullen, Cullen, Newton, Hale...

"We're in for it," I whispered to Bella.

"We?" She asked, terrified. I nodded, and she blushed furiously. Of course, my family had heard about it, and had began to glare around the room, trying to intimidate the students into erasing our names, but it only made it worse. What's their problem? Maybe they need a dose of their own medicine...

"Stop it," I snarled in hushed tones.

We were filled in on the details as they counted the three hundred ballots. The students selected were allowed to choose a subject based on personal preference within reason, and as long as they were not already taken. I did not bother to pay attention to the essay specifics, for I was arrogant in belief that I would not need to know them. Unfortunately, I was proven right.

Alice allowed me to look into her vision, and frowned at my reaction. They picked me, you and Bella for the Junior class. Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper were picked for the Senior class. Ironic, isn't it?

I growled within my chest, and told Bella quietly the results.

"I can't teach! I can't do this! Can't I just fail?"

"No, love. You would be held back, even with your A's. No time for regrets, it is best to start thinking about the subject. Besides, if I get bored while you sleep, I may have to do some of the work for you, just to keep myself occupied..."

"I love you." She leaned her head against me, and her breaths became normal once again.

Bella had taken her truck home, and as I brought my family back to the house by the river, we complained without end.

"Hey Edward, if Bella doesn't take you up on your offer, feel free to do my work."

"Shut up Emmett."

"What the hell am I supposed to teach?" Rosalie said as she played with her hair.

"Beats me," she scowled at me with that comment. It was worth it. I dropped them off, and circled back to bring Bella over. Once inside my car, I sped off while she grimaced at the speedometer. Once we arrived at my house, I nearly carried her light body into the living room, and set her on the couch.

"Bella, long time no see." Emmett joked. Esme and Carlisle sat with us, and we informed them of our assignment.

"That sounds interesting. What are you going to teach?" Esme asked. I had not given much thought to it to be honest, and neither had my siblings. Suddenly, an idea came to mind, and Alice nodded her head in approval.

"Guidance counselor." I announced with a smirk. Trying to get students to talk about their problems would not be hard for me as it would be for others.

"I guess I could teach cooking." My love said with a sigh.

"Home ec." Rosalie said with a groan, for that was all that she was talented in, sewing and cleaning, in her human life and now.

"Gym teacher." Emmett said with his arms folded across his bulky chest, wearing an evil grin.

"Economics, the study of predicting changes and patterns in the stock market and economy." Alice chimed.

"U.S. History." Jasper grinned in the corner. That was the grim beginning of the end of their dignity and mine. This was going to be one long week. For once, we not only had to care, but were being graded based on our effectiveness at educating our peers. It was going to be brutal, and there was no way of stopping it, no matter what Alice came up with. Well, the student body had chosen the Cullens, and we had chosen to make them regret it.