Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Twilight Twisted by Nimu






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 2]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Twilighted Supervisory Beta: qjmom

Twilighted Junior Validation Beta: Hannah81


The power had gone off. I was wandering restlessly around the house, something I was doing often these days, and was bundled up in big slipper boots, thick pajamas, a sweatshirt, mittens, and a winter cap. It was always cold now, and somehow, the cold didn’t seem to go away, even when I was under five layers of blanket. I blamed the tile. The house hadn’t been nearly this cold when we’d had carpet, but once the tile had been installed, it was colder inside the house than outside of it. It didn’t help that my dad was so obsessed with saving money that he wouldn’t allow the heater to go on for more than a few minutes every day when the numbness in his own feet told him it was time for more heat. I wondered if the restlessness had anything to do with the cold, and shivered.

 

No, I knew why I was so restless. It wasn’t the cold, it was the feeling of expectation. The feeling inside of me that was telling me that something, something big, was going to happen, and soon. I walked into the living room, cheerfully decorated with the Christmas garlands that my mom refused to take down before March, and plopped onto the couch. I didn’t want to watch television. Nothing there could hold my interest for more than five minutes at maximum. I grabbed a book that I had stuffed behind one of the pillows, and flipped it open. Twilight.

 

It was the first book in the series, but it had always been my favorite. Everything was new, and bright and wonderful. Reading it over brought back the same feelings of the very first time, all over again. I pulled the couch blanket over myself and began to read the part where Bella saw Edward for the first time, and sighed. Something in my cold body stirred and ached. The restless feeling came over me again. I shut the book, and tramped upstairs. When in doubt, take a nap, seemed to be my new motto. I moved down the short hallway to my room and pushed open the door.

 

My room was the only dark room in the house. Every other room was light and airy, but mine, with it’s deep purple walls, black furniture, perpetually closed blinds, and cluttered cramped atmosphere didn’t fit in with the rest of the family’s. Generally speaking, they all avoided my room at all costs, which made it all the more inviting. The bed looked soft, comfortable, and warm, but somehow, I couldn’t push myself to take another nap. I walked back out. Restless.

 

My body seemed to be pulsing with some kind of energy that I didn’t know how to expel. It was driving me mentally insane. Gone were the days of quiet sedation, peacefully sitting somewhere with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. Here were the days of constant worrying, shuffling around the house, unquenchable curiosity, and unbeatable depression. It seemed like something should be happening, but nothing was. Nothing ever did. I turned to the balcony of my stairway, and my body began to quiver with the odd energy again. Slowly, I climbed up onto the railing. Looking down at the hard tile, I wondered what would happen if I were to jump. Maybe, if I believed it hard enough, I would simply float, and discover something to do with this energy. Or maybe I would just die, and that would end the odd restlessness I felt inside once and for all.

In the back of my mind, I knew it was a bad decision. That nothing good could come of what I was about to do. But just as I was about to back out, to return to safety, something hard hit me squarely in the back, and the floor was coming at me. Coming to meet me. Time seemed to slow, and I found I had no regrets. I closed my eyes, a small smile coming to my face. I was going to die.