CONGRATS on nearing the end of an EPIC story! I've always truly enjoyed your dialogue, both internal and between characters. You certainly have a way with words, and chaps 25 and 26 are a culmination of just that!
B: "You know Angela's boyfriend, Ben? He set me up with one of his work friends. We're going on some group date."
E; "Oh yeah?" My stomach feels strange, sort of fuzzy. -Jealousy maybe? Possessiveness?
2. "And although I think about her a lot when she's not around, and want to kiss her when I hug her; despite the fact that more and more it's her face I see when I touch myself; even though we make each other laugh, and I trust her like I trust almost no one else; I know now is not the right time."-Well, their past has certainly taught them this...to take it slow...and now might not be the time, but there will come a time. I feel it!
3. "Yes. Look," I say, impatient, flipping the top of my mittens over, revealing bare fingers."-I LOVE THOSE! I have a pair or red ones, and I'll never go back to wearing regular gloves or mittens
4. "There's something in me, though, that wants to be close to her. And there's something in her - something I don't always understand - that wants to be close to me."-*GRINNING*
5. "This is the sixth time I've been to the Cullen's for dinner, and the third time Bella's been with me."-Hmmm, who are the Cullens to E?
6. "I find his commitment to his job, and the fact that he's been sober for nineteen years without one relapse, daunting."-OH! Do E and Carlisle go to meetings together?
7. "I figured out - now that I'm thirty-three - that I've been alive more years without my parents than with them."-*TEARS* Poor thing
8. "It's hard not to want your parents to be perfect. It sucks when you find out they're just human,"-This is 100% true
9. "You'd be great, I bet," Jessica says. "You've got a kind voice; the kids would love you." -TY for this Jess! E so needs to hear this!
10. "‘Even though I'm across the country, you should know that cops do other cops favors. The Boston PD is just a phone call away.'-BWAHAHAHAHAH! I love Charlie!
11. "When he lowers his hand he lets his fingers brush across the inside of my arm. My chest feels heavy and full when I breathe now, and my leg is warm where it presses against his. It feels different, touching him today; I like it."-*GRINNING*
12. "Now that we're alone - away from other people and their eyes - the heavy pull in my limbs is stronger. I want to kiss the insides of his wrists and rub my face in his hair,"-*SIGH* I love it...I FEEL it!
13. "Scooting forward on my couch, Edward unexpectedly lifts my hand to his mouth and kisses the backs of my fingers."-*THUD* Happy Graduation Day to B!
14. "It's when his hand pulls my dress up higher and he kisses my hipbone through the cotton of my underwear that my knee gives. His arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me onto his lap."-*DOUBLE FIST PUMP IN THE MOTHERFUCKING AIR* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
15. "You have nice, long fingers; and they're strong, your hands.""-*UNF* YES HE DOES!
16. "One hand pulls aside my underwear, a finger on the other slides inside me and the sound that comes out of me is almost like I'm crying. I'm swollen and wet and hot and I kiss him until my mouth feels bruised; I suck on his tongue until he grunts and bites at my lips."-OHMYSWEETLORDINHEAVEN *FANS FACE* This is glorious!
17. "Cum so hard it almost hurts, cum so hard I can see red on the backs of my eyelids, cum so hard I forget to breathe and feel so much good in so much of my body that I'm almost numb from the pleasure"-*SHIVERS* This is FABULOUS!
18. "Maybe. Or maybe I'd like to go to my room, take off our clothes, and fuck ‘til neither one of us can walk straight."-YES PLEASE! Sign me up! THIS IS THE BEST PRESENT EVER!
B: "You don't need fixing,"
E: "And you don't have to fix me." -And this is what Oprah calls a "full circle moment"
20. "I just remember before when I would do anything - anything - to be with you. And that scares me; it scares the shit out of me. What if I can confront you, but I can't follow through?"-SO glad B is voicing her concerns...this is evidence that this isnt like last time!
21. "With you, it's like...it's like a pinball machine....Yeah. You set off all the bells and whistles. You light me up."-*TEARS* LOVE IT!
22. He gets her a cactus! -I CANT STOP GRINNING!
Can't wait to see how you wrap things up! I hope Chicago is a fruitful trip for Edward...I hope he and Bella can come to an understanding and just BE together!
Congrats again! x