Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - Does anyone use both FanFiction.net and Twilighted?

Does anyone use both FanFiction.net and Twilighted?

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Does anyone use both FanFiction.net and Twilighted?

Postby sarah___ on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:20 am

Ok, so I've been reading fan fiction on Twilighted since last year (having stumbled across it on a google search, though I can't remember what I googling, it something Twilight related obviously), and I started publishing my own work in January.

Today I decided to finally try fanfiction.net as well, thinking it would be good to have my stories published in two places and I could find more stories to read.

However I'm completely confused. Finding a story I want to read on fanfiction.net is confusing as hell, to start with I have to try and remember which I've read on here, and also some I've read on here seem to be further ahead of themselves on there.

So I was just wondering if most fanfiction writers/ readers here use both sites or if I would be better sticking to one site.
sarah___
Bitten
Bitten

Re: Does anyone use both FanFiction.net and Twilighted?

Postby Lalina on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:36 am

I use both for posting and reading. I find stories are usually ahead over on ffn because there is no validation process which can be good, or bad, depending on how you look at it. :D

Really, it's up to you. There are pros and cons to both sites and you may find your popularity on one site is much greater than the other so nothing wrong w/ giving it a try.
Lalina

Postby sarah___ on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:53 am

Okies thanks.

Yes, I have already discovered the cons of there being no validation process - really badly written stories. The pro, I'm guessing, is that I can get my stories out much faster.

I think I will post my stories on there, but stick to reading them on here. Or I might read a few on there, but avoid any stories I'm reading on here. May as well enjoy something new, while waiting for updates on here.
sarah___
Bitten
Bitten

Postby sarah___ on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Yeah I think I will just have to have more patience trying to find the stories I like.

The comment about bad quality writing was because one of the first stories I decided to read on there turned me off. It had a good summary, but about two sentences in I thought, I can't read this, because the grammar was just dreadful. I think I must have just got unlucky though.

Obviously all writers are going to make some mistakes, I'm not complaining about that, God knows my own writing is nowhere near perfect.

I think I just need some time to get used to it, just like I did with this site at the beginning. After all, I guess whenever you join a new site, be it fan fiction or social networking or just about anything really, you have to get used to it to begin with.
sarah___
Bitten
Bitten

Postby sarah___ on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm sure once I'm use to it you won't be able to get me off, especialy since after a look at the long list of books with fan fiction available, I will eventually end up straying out of Twilight fan fiction for the first time.

Well, I know what I'm spending my Easter holidays doing ;) Hmmm... I will need a good excuse when I haven't done any revision for my exams though ;)
sarah___
Bitten
Bitten

Postby verseseven on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 pm

I use both. I like Twilighted because of the message boards and high quality writing, but I like FF because it's much easier to read (white background) than Twilighted. Most of my favorite authors use both.
verseseven
Human
Human

Postby RingTheBella on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:58 pm

so far the only time I'll read a story on Twilighted is if it started on FF and got pulled then was finished over here. I like the layout and font better at FF. I have no trouble finding stories to read, I will occasionally look at someone else's favorites list, or a story I'm already reading will have one or more recommendations at the end of the chapter.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
RingTheBella
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Postby sarah___ on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:27 am

I'm now quite happily using FF.net, probably more than Twilighted actually now.
sarah___
Bitten
Bitten

Postby alexajaye on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:18 am

I use both, since I have other "fandoms" I write for. I didn't sign up for Twilighted until this past March, and so far, it's been an enjoyable experience. The people here are nice and for the most part helpful. I've gotten a few more reviews here than on FanFiction. But I'm not writing a very popular subject, so the response has been arguably small. I'm okay with that. As long as people are reading my stories and enjoying them, that's what's important.

Finding stories for me is easier on FanFiction, since they actually have a search bar. Their character filter is a little easier to go through than here as well. I can't just search for two characters on Twilighted. It has to be an entire catalog of characters instead of just the two that are most important. But it's just a difference of site management I guess. Both sites are a pretty good library of stories if you're just looking to spend a lazy Sunday reading, like me. ;-)
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Dark Angel: Light Within Darkness EdwardxOC

The Ties that Bind Post BD ExB

The Choices We Make Sort of Edward/Bella with some Lucy at the end

Rainbows and Storm Clouds - Carlisle and Edward

^My Twilight stories on FanFiction.

Bonding over Debussy and Chocolate Milk

My New story on The Writer's Coffee Shop.

My Photobucket

^Warning: Some spoilers unless you read my stories.

^^awesome banner made by Me

^^ Banner made by me for my new story <-- Check it out
alexajaye
Newborn
Newborn

Postby RingTheBella on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 pm

I like that FF will let you choose by what character pairing you want to read and I like that Twlighted let's you search by category. If only we could search by both things at the same time.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
RingTheBella
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Next

Return to General Fic Discussion