Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - Who's your Edward?

Who's your Edward?

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Who's your Edward?

Postby hurley999girly on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 am

I'm a bit curious how everyone sees Edward? Does your mental picture of Edward Cullen change with each new fanfic you read or do you simply see Robert Pattinson as Edward? Maybe you see Edward as you've always seen him since reading Twilight which just so happens to look nothing like RPatz. Personally I have never read a story (or the books themselves) and seen Robert as Edward. My view of Mr.Cullen changes from fic to fic.
hurley999girly
Human
Human

Re: Who's your Edward?

Postby Cuddlebug on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:16 am

It changes from fic to fic.

Canon Edward is hardly interchangeable with Tattward or officeward. But sometimes I just take the image of Rob in my head and throw tatts on him, or see him as his GQ self if it's an AU adult fic.

With their inheritance on the line, lifelong enemies Bella and Edward are forced to live and work together for the sake of family, business, and the ultimate goal: money. As the battle for control and power heats up - so do they.

Fanfic blog: Cuddlebuggery
Cuddlebug
Newborn
Newborn

Postby Hibbleton on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:44 am

I don't really see any of the cast as the characters in my head. And there isn't a specific person that I see either. I guess, because the images of the cast are used in most banners, that there are some slight resemblances -- but at best, the Edward could be a distant relative of Rob. It's not really him, at all.

And it changes with the story I'm reading. Depending on the age and personality, that image in my head morphs to match.
ImageImageImage
Hibbleton
Team iFic
Team iFic

Postby Lalina on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 am

I see different Edward’s as I read unless it’s Canon or AU, then I see the Edward in my head who looks a little bit like a younger Hayden Christianson.

For my stories I see Rob in his GQ pics as Love Net Edward but for TSL Edward I see someone more like Channing Tatum:

Lalina

Postby JenelleCullen on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:18 pm

In most fics I see GQ Rob (his best look ever, imo) He had the "pretty" look. Of course my Edward looks like that but not completely. He's in my head.

But GQ Rob is the closest thing to it. Regardless of what kind of Edward he is CEOward, Tattward, Geekward, Glassesward...he still looks essentially like that
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JenelleCullen
Veteran Coven Member
Veteran Coven Member

Postby OMGalarm on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:08 pm

It's always Rob for me, and as he was cast before I read the books anyone else would just be weird, and not feel like Edward. I'm pretty picky with my Robs though, I don't always think he's pretty. I imagine him with groomed hair, like in the Twilight movie style, and shaved. I'm not a fan of his GQ look at all, though maybe because I'm the same age as him and won't have to imagine him older to not feel guilty 8D
Image Image
OMGalarm
Junior Coven Member
Junior Coven Member

Postby hurley999girly on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:38 pm

I had been reading 'Shadowboxer' when an update for 'The Lost Boys' was posted and switched stories mid chapter. That's when I became completely fascinated with how versatile the image of "Edward' was. In fan fiction he can be anything, anyone but somehow there has to be common character traits that make you believe he is an 'Edward'. That's when I started wondering how everyone else viewed him in the fandom.
hurley999girly
Human
Human

Postby angel_gidget on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Though I often picture a clean-shaven make-up-prepped Pattinson in the role, I don't always picture an actor at all. My first fandoms (well before I got into Twilight) included comic books and animated works. So when I picture a character, I tend to picture them in some sort of animated or semi-cartoonish style. Especially if there's no picture of said characters on the book cover. This is still the case sometimes when I imagine Twilight characters in fic.

So my Edward could have worn just about any handsomely youthful actor's face when it came time to show the movie. Rob's is just the one that happened to come along.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage Image Image
Image Image Image Image
angel_gidget
Human
Human

Postby twimad on Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:43 am

Weird thing is I always picture Rob as Edward prob because I saw the first film before i read the books but never picture Kristen as Bella x
twimad
Human
Human

Postby Totoro on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:10 pm

I pretty much picture the entire cast as who they play, I was actually very very happy with the casting choices.

Though, I have to admit Rob doesn't look 17 to me and he never really did, and that's a compliment.

There's honestly only one other actor besides Rob that I can picture as an Edward, and that's Shane West from "A Walk to Remember". No, that's not to say that non of the rest of them live up to the image (I'm a Jasper girl and we all know it), but those two guys have the brooding thing down pretty good.
Totoro

Next

Return to General Fic Discussion