Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - The last story that kept you on the edge of your seat?

The last story that kept you on the edge of your seat?

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

The last story that kept you on the edge of your seat?

Postby sigh_for_sigh on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:38 am

What was the last story where you were on the edge of your seat? I know I love a good nailbighter. So tell me.

I just read We, the Forgotten, which I at first dismissed when I read it on Twilighted because I didn't like the prolouge. IT is an incredible fic though and It will keep you guessing to the very end. I loved it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4791620/1/We_the_Forgotten
sigh_for_sigh
Newborn
Newborn

Re: The last story that kept you on the edge of your seat?

Postby halojones on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:28 am

HL5 is keeping me waiting eagerly for new updates. Creature of Habit too. Love those two.
halojones
Coven Member
Coven Member

Postby Powered by 23 Kicks on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Here are my top three nail-biters, the stories that I read immediately upon being notified of updates. All three are oh, so well written and sigh-worthy.

Tropic of Virgo: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4901517/1/Tropic_of_Virgo

Summary: He's a young but jaded musician writing lyrics for his band, and she's a naive, frustrated poet looking to break out of her shell; their words collide online. What happens when they meet in high school, unaware of their literary connection?

The Blessing and the Curse: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5100876/1/

Summary: By pretending she is falling for Edward, Bella is fulfilling Esme’s dying wish. But sexy, possessive Edward can read her mind. Will she ever get into his? Can Bella forget the pain of her teenage years, and can she resist his relentless seduction? AH.

Ethan Church:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5090892/1/

Summary: After receiving an invitation to write the biography of the severely reclusive author Ethan Church, Bella develops a reluctant obsession with his novels and by extension him. When she accepts his offer, the old, dying man she’s presented with and the young, too perfect man she comes across on the nearly empty estate have her convinced she’s missing some very important parts of the story.
Image Image
Powered by 23 Kicks
Human
Human

Postby michellephants on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:57 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4962588/1/Detruit - “It’s all real. They did this, but I’m still here, always, Bella. Find me.”

Those cryptic words, whispered in a last breath, continue to haunt Bella Swan five years after the supposed death of her love, Edward Masen. AH-AU.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
TwitterLiveJournal
michellephants
Junior Coven Member
Junior Coven Member

Postby RingTheBella on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 am

If I had to pick one, I would go with "Dangerous Affections" but unfortunately, most of the story is removed right now. I'm including the link to the prologue anyway because I'm hoping it will get re-posted at some point. In the mean time, I would go with Passing By and Shadowboxer first.

The Cannabean Betrothal
Edward has immersed himself in the Cannabean way to ward off the hurt of a life-changing experience; but an unexpected betrothal teaches him how little he knows about life. There is no abuse in this story.
Fiction Rated: M - Drama/Romance

A Rough Start
Overnight irresponsible Edward goes from bachelor to father of a 5 yr old. Meanwhile responsible, prepared Bella begins her first job as Kindergarten teacher at Forks Elementary. When irresponsible meets the epitome of responsible, sparks will fly!
Fiction Rated: M - Angst/Romance

The Letter
Bella Swan, professor of English Lit in Seattle, hears the velvety voice of rapper Edward Cullen one day and it changes her life. What happens after she writes her fan letter to him is fate personified. AU/AH Canon pairings M for language, alcohol, etc
Fiction Rated: M - Romance/Dram

Bonne Foi
AU. Edward Masen was changed in 1918 and abandoned by his sire. He feeds on human blood, unaware of any other way…until he stumbles across college freshman Bella Swan for a night that will change everything.
Fiction Rated: M - Drama/Romance

Never Sleep In A Strange Man's Bed
Alice's new boyfried Jasper lives on Hilton Head Island, S.C. He invites her & her friends to come down for a visit. Bella isn't happy to be the only single in a couple's paradise...until she ends up in his roommate's bed.
Fiction Rated: M - Romance/Humor

Illegal Contact
Edward Masen is a 29 year old former NFL football player, now coaching high school football in Forks. He leads a quiet life until he meets a woman that will change his life forever. What's been missing from his life may be right in front of him. AH
Fiction Rated: M - Romance/General

Wide Awake (censored version)
Edward and Bella have dark pasts that leave them severely emotionally scarred, with nightmares that force them to stay awake. They meet and begin to form a bond during the night hours. AH, Highly OOC, Rated M for dark themes. No rape, no cutting. BxE
Fiction Rated: M - Angst/Hurt/Comfort

check the author's profile for the uncensored version of "Wide Awake"

Shadowboxer
Edward is an underground fighter using the ring as an outlet for his pent-up rage. Bella is a college dropout running from her complicated past. Their paths collide when Edward is beaten and left for dead. Rated M for LEMONS. CANON PAIRINGS. AH. OOC.
Fiction Rated: M - Romance/Hurt/Comfort

Passing By
It was written law in Revolutionary France, "Should a man be convicted of a crime and sentenced to hang, he may be saved by a virtuous maiden who agrees to marry him." E/B, AU, AH
Fiction Rated: M - Romance/Drama

Atlas Shrugged
Bella's betrayal with Jacob is the final straw to make Edward stumble. Now she has to find the strength to put him back together and face the consequences of her actions. Begins after the kiss in the woods with Jacob. Eclipse AU. E/B
Fiction Rated: T - Angst/Romance

Dangerous Affections
Edward was taken against his will by the Volturi and forced into the life of an assassin. Bella was orphaned 5 years ago. Their paths cross & sparks fly, but when she becomes his latest target, he must risk it at all to keep everyone alive. ALL HUMAN ExB
Fiction Rated: M - Romance/Suspense
** This story has been removed as of right now but possibly will be re-posted in the future.

Perchance To Dream -- co-written by Fantasy Mother and Lilliput
The Cullens leave Forks after Edward encounters Bella, but he never forgets her. Meanwhile, Bella has vivid dreams about a man whose face she cannot see. Does destiny have something in store for them? AU, OOC. Co-written by Fantasy Mother and Lilliput.
Fiction Rated: M - Romance/Hurt/Comfort

Stay
As an actor, Edward Cullen is surrounded by people that he couldn't really care less about. What happens when he buys a house in the middle of nowhere and meets his new neighbors? AH, AU, ExB, rated M for future chapters and language.
Fiction Rated: M - Romance/Drama

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
RingTheBella
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Postby Rosalynn on Tue May 18, 2010 11:27 am

OMG if you havent read Not Bad Enough by jlnar19 you are missing out. It is a new fic with only ten chapters but it is sooo good. It is a very under appreciated fic, with only 80 reviews, but it deserves much much more.

this summary doesnt do it justice but here it is the world has been practically destroyed by something. We dont know what it was, but we get little clues here and there to try and figure out what 'it' was that happened.

Summary:
In a rough and tumble bar where people come to forget a world that has become dark and hopeless, brave but broken Bella Swan meets the furious and guilt-ridden Edward Cullen. Their attraction is explosive, but they both might be too far gone to ever grasp happiness in the scarred, new landscape that is now reality. AU-Human, Canon Couples.

http://twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=11043
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
Rosalynn
Bitten
Bitten

Postby youllneverknow28 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Code of Conduct by MandyLeigh87

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5634128/1/b ... bConduct_b

The last few chapters kept me waiting for more. I couldn't stop thinking about the story in school or at home, and when I saw in my email that there was an update, I dropped whatever I was doing and read away.
She's fast becoming one of my favorite authors. She's very nice and extremely talented. If you haven't read this story, I extremely recommend it.
youllneverknow28
Human
Human

Postby sigh_for_sigh on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:27 pm

I have to say recently I've become a fan of the ever underappreciated, it really keeps you emotionally invested. It's quite dark too which is great imho

Test Subject 23552

A superior human race rules the world, and under their control are the sub-humans. With no rights, and no hope, they are doomed to a life of misery. All that may change, though, when Dr. Edward Cullen meets a test subject he cannot control: #23552.
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Supernatural/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 5 - Words: 17,628 - Reviews: 62 - Updated: 7-18-11 - Published: 4-14-11 - Bella & Edward
sigh_for_sigh
Newborn
Newborn

Return to General Fic Discussion