Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - WHAT WAS THE LAST FANFIC THAT MADE YOU CRY

WHAT WAS THE LAST FANFIC THAT MADE YOU CRY

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Re: WHAT WAS THE LAST FANFIC THAT MADE YOU CRY

Postby that_writr on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:14 pm

yiotatort wrote:Can't read Ithaca is Gorges the title makes me gag.

You're really missing out then. The story is beautiful, and beautifully written. Not sure why that title makes you gag. It's the epithet chosen by the town itself, found on tourist stuff: "Ithaca is Gorges." It fits the story, too, since a lot of the story revolves around the gorges dividing people.
~Katie (that_writr)

that_writr
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby yiotatort on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Wow, totally not expecting the response to an off the cuff reply. Already knew where the title came from. Been there, done that, didn't buy the t-shirt. It's just one of those things, nails on chalkboards, serrated paperclips, bad puns. Not trying to get anyone else not to read it, could be the best story in existence.
yiotatort
Human
Human

Postby JayJayHale on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

giselle. Giselle made me cry with Ithaca is Gorges. And I totoally love her for it. I finally got around to reading it and I was glad I did.
JayJayHale
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Location: Lost: somewhere south of my imagination and west of reality!

Postby lyinlamb on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:19 pm

I signed up a long time ago and then got so busy that I haven't come back, but this topic is awesome for picking up new stories!

I'm behind on all my reading, but the last one that I cried at was one called Purgatory by spaniard. I saw her on here and had to mention it. Its all of the Cullens' stories from before they get turned. I really liked Jasper's story and Carlisle's wasn't too bad, but Edward's and especially Esme's made me cry. I'm such a mommy's girl!

I didn't review it though. oops!

btw, there are so many people who stand up to defend this Ithaca story. I'm sold! That's my next one!
lyinlamb
Human
Human

Postby giselle on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Augghghhh yes! Purgatory is AMAZING. And I'm not just saying that because I'm now one of spaniard's betas. I was a fangirl first. :) Everyone and their sister needs to read this fic. It's just one of those that you go, "Why in the hell aren't more people reading this????" And the answer to that question makes you slowly lose faith in humanity.

(Link is in my sig, because I pimp it like that.)

And lyinlamb, I hope you enjoy Ithaca when/if you give it a try. I have a lot of fun writing it. Which I need to be doing. How did it get to be 6:30 PM? What have I done today?
giselle
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby Pastiche Pen on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Ooh, so my two cents.

1. Wild Swan - Bella's final chapter in her section. I fucking lost it.
2. I beta Wide Awake. Edward's mom telling him to get his ass home - AG got a series of (sorta) nasty (sorta nice) comments in the side bar.

Otherwise, I have to REALLY relate to the characters to cry. That doesn't happen often - or I can just be emo.

Oh, and the first part of Irritable Grizzly Adams did a number on me, too, if I recall. Although that was like in January, so my memory is crap on why.
Pastiche Pen
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Postby Lottie2303 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:22 am

The only story I've ever cried was 'Needs and Wants'. I'm not going to explain why because it would be a huge spoiler but I was devastated for hours after finishing the story. The reason why I cried even hunted me in the shower. Especially because it was sooo unexpected. At the very end I laughed about myself about my emotional breakdown ;).

The story, where Edward dies at the beginning and Bella being at his funeral also sounds like a story I could cry for. Just the thought tightens my throat. Naw, I'm probably going to ignore the story. Need to keep my sanity intact ;).

But to say in general - I can read everything before I cry. I read read about abortions, rape, physical harm etc. and I don't even cry one tear. But when it comes to characters death - I'm a pervert because I even kind of like it when it is well done but it can open entire rivers of tears from me :lol:
Lottie2303
Human
Human

Postby lmr14 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:56 am

Save You is a one shot by bella c'ella luna that makes me cry my eyes out.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4788828/1/Save_You
Edward left Bella in New Moon and she lived the normal, vampire-free life that he always wanted for her. Now Bella's almost ninety and Edward is back in Forks for a final goodbye.

I also cried during parts of The Red Line and Hydraulic Level 5.
lmr14
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Postby kellyliz82 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:28 pm

I am not a crier so it takes a lot to make me cry. A few fan fics have gotten under my skin.

The Red Line killed me. For Edward to feel completely worthless and unlovable, it was heart fail. I actually laid in my bed at night worrying about him. Never mind he's not real. It took me a while to get over that story.

Poughkeepsie makes me cry. Poor hungry Edward with his issues stemming from his childhood. And don't get me started on Jasper. Just thinking of him in this story gets me teary.

I didn't all out cry but Eight Years Later teared me up at a key part. Don't want to post in fear of spoiling.
kellyliz82
Bitten
Bitten

Postby alexajaye on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:01 pm

In Twilight FanFiction, recently, there have been two, and it was because the main character experienced something I can relate too.

Made to Live Alone made me cry in just about every chapter right up until the moment Edward showed up and swept her off her feet.

And House to Paint a House made me cry in the second chapter.

Other than that, I detach myself from stories and try not to get involved unless I absolutely have to. Plus, there's a lot of stuff that happens that just doesn't do anything for me, so it's easy not to lose my composure.

I know. I'm weird.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Dark Angel: Light Within Darkness EdwardxOC

The Ties that Bind Post BD ExB

The Choices We Make Sort of Edward/Bella with some Lucy at the end

Rainbows and Storm Clouds - Carlisle and Edward

^My Twilight stories on FanFiction.

Bonding over Debussy and Chocolate Milk

My New story on The Writer's Coffee Shop.

My Photobucket

^Warning: Some spoilers unless you read my stories.

^^awesome banner made by Me

^^ Banner made by me for my new story <-- Check it out
alexajaye
Newborn
Newborn

Previous

Return to General Fic Discussion