Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - Favorite fic category/genre

Favorite fic category/genre

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Favorite fic category/genre

Postby psymom on Sun May 04, 2008 9:36 am

What's your favorite fic category/genre?

Do you love AU stories?

Are all human stories the best?

Does Edward POV do it for you?

Love those Book 4 speculations?

Discuss...
psymom
Coven Leader
Coven Leader

Re: Favorite fic category/genre

Postby tracie1976 on Mon May 05, 2008 11:22 am

I really don't care which genre it is, I just want it to be written well. If I can't stand how the grammar is used or if it has too many misspelings in one paragraph, I'll go hunting for something else.
So many vampires...so little time.
tracie1976
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Postby Kellyam on Mon May 05, 2008 11:23 am

I don't specifically have one certain genre that I gravitate toward. As long as it is good and keeps the characters fairly close to the books, I am happy. Oh and a glass of lemonade is always appriciated. ;)
I lurve one of my moms for my signature, UTDS.
Kellyam
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Location: Anyone in Nortern VA- DC area need a new hair stylist!? PM this girl.

Postby Kellyam on Mon May 05, 2008 11:25 am

tracie1976 wrote:I really don't care which genre it is, I just want it to be written well. If I can't stand how the grammar is used or if it has too many misspelings in one paragraph, I'll go hunting for something else.

Ooooh... I totally agree with that.. If grammar/spelling is horrible , I just can't take it.. I start to focus on that and less on the story. Maybe I should beta?! :roll:
Kellyam
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby psymom on Mon May 05, 2008 11:34 am

Kellyam wrote:
tracie1976 wrote:I really don't care which genre it is, I just want it to be written well. If I can't stand how the grammar is used or if it has too many misspelings in one paragraph, I'll go hunting for something else.

Ooooh... I totally agree with that.. If grammar/spelling is horrible , I just can't take it.. I start to focus on that and less on the story. Maybe I should beta?! :roll:

Hopefully you won't see any of that on twilighted.net--that is the whole point of this place!

Anyone who wants to offer their beta services to new writers can post that under "Betas/Writing Help."
psymom
Coven Leader
Coven Leader

Postby Kellyam on Mon May 05, 2008 11:39 am

psymom wrote:
Kellyam wrote:

Hopefully you won't see any of that on twilighted.net--that is the whole point of this place!

Anyone who wants to offer their beta services to new writers can post that under "Betas/Writing Help."

That's one of the reasons I am here.. Good quality FF. And I am still thinking about beta'ing.. Don't know yet, I am still kinda on the fence. :roll:
Kellyam
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby amdove on Mon May 05, 2008 1:39 pm

I've discovered that I am quite partial to AU, stories like LOST , Passion Fish and A Matter of Convenience (to name just a few) top my little internal favorites list at the moment; though I also really enjoy reading continuances of the original story - Escaping Sol, Pomme de Sang, etc. - the "mock-Breaking Dawns," as it were. ;-)

They definitely have to be well written, though. I'm willing to forgive a few typos, but when a single chapter manages to use the incorrect homonym almost EVERY SINGLE TIME there's a possibility to do so, I'm out.

I think it's awesome that this site was started to try and keep that sort of thing to a minimum. One bad FF can ruin my enjoyment of FF as a whole for ridiculously long periods... I love my FF and I don't want to have to avoid it out of fear. ;-)
amdove

sparkly doom!
amdove
Newborn
Newborn

Postby Kellyam on Mon May 05, 2008 4:58 pm

amdove wrote:I've discovered that I am quite partial to AU, stories like LOST , Passion Fish and A Matter of Convenience (to name just a few) top my little internal favorites list at the moment; though I also really enjoy reading continuances of the original story - Escaping Sol, Pomme de Sang, etc. - the "mock-Breaking Dawns," as it were. ;-)

They definitely have to be well written, though. I'm willing to forgive a few typos, but when a single chapter manages to use the incorrect homonym almost EVERY SINGLE TIME there's a possibility to do so, I'm out.

I think it's awesome that this site was started to try and keep that sort of thing to a minimum. One bad FF can ruin my enjoyment of FF as a whole for ridiculously long periods... I love my FF and I don't want to have to avoid it out of fear. ;-)

oooh.. I love Escaping Sol. My eyes nearly fell out of my face because I would stay up until all hours of the night reading it. Couldn't turn it off.
Kellyam
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby Gustariana on Mon May 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Kellyam wrote:
amdove wrote:I've discovered that I am quite partial to AU, stories like LOST , Passion Fish and A Matter of Convenience (to name just a few) top my little internal favorites list at the moment; though I also really enjoy reading continuances of the original story - Escaping Sol, Pomme de Sang, etc. - the "mock-Breaking Dawns," as it were. ;-)

oooh.. I love Escaping Sol. My eyes nearly fell out of my face because I would stay up until all hours of the night reading it. Couldn't turn it off.

I am right there with you ladies... I am going thru an "AU" phase.. and I think it is because I keep thinking that someone, somewhere is going to hit it close to home and come up with something that will be close to Breaking Dawn and I will be spoiled..

In any case I am enjoying all the fics that amdove mentioned.. and I am also enjoying a few "breaking dawn - l ike" stories that I feel will differ so much from what Stephenie will write that I can enjoy (i.e. Pomme de Sang.. very steamy.. and I can't imagine BD being like that haha!)
Gustariana
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby Heartbroken1 on Mon May 05, 2008 9:24 pm

I never thought I'd write an all human AU, but when the idea struck, I didn't stand a chance. The characters won't seem to shut up... :director: so I guess there's no stopping 'til their story is told.
Heartbroken1
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Next

Return to General Fic Discussion