Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - anyone ever have writer's guilt?

anyone ever have writer's guilt?

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Re: anyone ever have writer's guilt?

Postby Heartbroken1 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:18 am

blondie wrote:
alice_laughed wrote:But see, a lot of the times when it's a kid writing it you can tell from the word usage.
I mean, seriously. How many times have you come across the phrase "slick folds?"
It could be the steamiest scene in history, but if I come across those words I immediately burst out laughing.

Good smut makes you feel like you're there in the moment. Kidsmut reads more like an anatomy lesson - at least to me.

and I'm cracking up over the honey wax job. That is awesome. wonder if I could convince hubs....

Whew - glad I didn't go there.... no slick folds...

kidsmut... love that term! okay, not love exactly, but am laughing anyway!

Yeah, I hope I haven't used that kismut term anywhere... :rotfl:
Heartbroken1
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby Rialle on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:15 pm

I agree...

It's disturbing to me that kids that young are reading it, begging for it... but it bothers me even more when they're the ones WRITING it... UGH!

It's worse when you're underage yourself and your readers ask for smut. I was happily writing a teen fic when I suddenly got a review being like: GIVE ME SMUT!

How do you respond to that apart from a resounding 'NO!'?
Rialle
Newborn
Newborn

Postby blondie on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Rialle wrote:
I agree...

It's disturbing to me that kids that young are reading it, begging for it... but it bothers me even more when they're the ones WRITING it... UGH!

It's worse when you're underage yourself and your readers ask for smut. I was happily writing a teen fic when I suddenly got a review being like: GIVE ME SMUT!

How do you respond to that apart from a resounding 'NO!'?

I like "NO"... Good for you for staying in the T realm. Enjoy your youth - it flies away fast!

I hate rude reviewers... People seem to think they can say whatever they want online and it doesn't matter. Like 'sorry, I didn't really mean it' is going to make it all better.

grrr... going back to my corner and having a nice cold drink to cool down now...
blondie (aka Robin)

ImageImage
Banners by m81170 and Roo
blondie
Coven Advisor
Coven Advisor

Postby alice_laughed on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:19 am

Challenge:

Write a smut scene. Use the word "boner." Try not to laugh. :rotfl:
alice_laughed
Beta Alumni
Beta Alumni

Postby Heartbroken1 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:16 am

alice_laughed wrote:Challenge:

NICE!
Heartbroken1
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby blondie on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:26 am

I'm trying to decide if you're serious or not... :rotfl:

Maybe I could work it into my 'banana hammock' drabble... hahaha
blondie (aka Robin)

ImageImage
blondie
Coven Advisor
Coven Advisor

Postby BellaEncantada on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:34 pm

blondie wrote:

You write it, I'll read it. Is there a category for smutty crackfic? Or do we need to create one?
Hay tres cosas de las que estoy completamente segura:
Primera, Edward es vampiro.
Segunda, una parte de él, y no sé cómo dominante lo es, se muere por beber mi sangre.
Tercera, estoy totalmente y perdidamente enamorada de él.
BellaEncantada
Human
Human

Postby upthedownslide on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:35 pm

BellaEncantada wrote:
blondie wrote:

You write it, I'll read it. Is there a category for smutty crackfic? Or do we need to create one?

i'd say all crackfic on here is smutty. at least the stuff written by us.

what other kind of crackfic is there?

TLYDF- for serious kids. for. serious.
upthedownslide
Twilighted Donor
Twilighted Donor

Postby blondie on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:46 pm

upthedownslide wrote:

i'd say all crackfic on here is smutty. at least the stuff written by us.

what other kind of crackfic is there?

I was going to argue, but we did mention oral sex in 'Brotherhood', though it's onl y 'T'...

Okay, here's the modified 'banana hammock' drabble, boner and all... 8-) Probably not really smut, but, eh...

"Esme, what are you reading?" Bella asked. She sat next to her soon-to-be mother-in-law while the rest of the family amused themselves around her.

Esme held the magazine open wide, then at arm's length, then turned it sideways. "I'm not exactly sure what to call it."

Bella leaned over and peered at the page, turning bright crimson only moments later. The rush of blood to her face got both Carlisle and Edward's attention, and Alice's head suddenly snapped to face her. "I... uh... um... don't remember... the name," she stammered.

As Bella suffered with her obvious embarrassment, Emmett and Jasper laughed loudly as they whipped yet another unsuspecting online gamer.

Esme pulled the page closer, and her face shone with vague recognition. "It's called something like fruit cot or something... it has a type of bedding in the name," she said.

Rosalie's attention now turned to her mother. "What? A type of bed? Cot, king, twin, mattress, berth, pallet, lounge, hammock, settle, sleigh..."

"Hammock, that's it!" Esme said loudly, interrupting Rosalie's thesaurus listing. "It's a banana hammock," she said proudly.

Everyone in the room froze, and the only sound was the clattering of two game controllers hitting the floor. Bella looked around the room at six shocked vampires then buried her face in her hands, shaking uncontrollably.

"Isn't that right? Bella?" Esme asked, concerned.

"YYYYeeess," Bella said, now laughing uncontrollably. Edward was the first to join her, hearing the stunned thoughts of his siblings.

"A banana hammock?" Carlisle repeated carefully. As he stood and moved toward his wife, Jasper finally found his voice.

"Ah, you might want to brace yourself, Carlisle," he said, but then Emmett punched him.

"Shhhh," he hissed, watching for his father's reaction. "Wait for it," he said, his eyes dancing.

Carlisle stopped behind Esme and bent over to look at the photo. "Oh, my," he said, and his eyes grew as big as saucers. As his mouth hung open, Emmett was the next to explode with laughter. One by one, the rest of the family began giggling, leaving only Esme and Carlisle quiet... and confused.

Esme looked up at her husband and shrugged. "Maybe banana isn't right either."

"How about 'boner'," Emmett smirked. The sharp sound of Rosalie's hand hitting the back of his head made Bella jump, and the laughter swelled again.

Carlisle rubbed his wife's shoulders as she watched her children with a bewildered look on her face. He tried to comfort her as best as he could. "You had the name right, dear." He looked at the scantily clad male model one more time. "Although in his case, English cucumber might be more appropriate..."
blondie (aka Robin)

ImageImage
blondie
Coven Advisor
Coven Advisor

Postby upthedownslide on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:49 pm

FRUIT COT!!!

*holds sides to keep from shaking apart with laughter*

TLYDF- for serious kids. for. serious.
upthedownslide