Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - Is fanfiction.net working

Is fanfiction.net working

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Re: Is fanfiction.net working

Postby alexajaye on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:34 pm

It's not logging me out, but I didn't have any trouble this morning.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Dark Angel: Light Within Darkness EdwardxOC

The Ties that Bind Post BD ExB

The Choices We Make Sort of Edward/Bella with some Lucy at the end

Rainbows and Storm Clouds - Carlisle and Edward

^My Twilight stories on FanFiction.

Bonding over Debussy and Chocolate Milk

My New story on The Writer's Coffee Shop.

My Photobucket

^Warning: Some spoilers unless you read my stories.

^^awesome banner made by Me

^^ Banner made by me for my new story <-- Check it out
alexajaye
Newborn
Newborn

Postby Longing for Edward on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Anyone else not getting update alerts from FFN?

I just checked my alert list to see what fics might be updating today and found 5 or 6 had updated yesterday and today but I never received an alert.

FFN as usual, unreliable!
Longing for Edward
Coven Member
Coven Member

Postby alexajaye on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Well, I don't have THAT many alerts on my list, but I've only gotten two this month that updated in the last few days, and I got both of them.

I think FFN is always going to have mail delivery problems.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

My Photobucket

alexajaye
Newborn
Newborn

Postby Longing for Edward on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:35 pm

alexajaye wrote:Well, I don't have THAT many alerts on my list, but I've only gotten two this month that updated in the last few days, and I got both of them.

I think FFN is always going to have mail delivery problems.

You're right. That's why I check my alert list every few days.

FFN alerts today, when they started coming, didn't even give all the chapter updates for the same story - I got updates for 16 but not 17, got 18 but not 19, 20, 21 - 22 but not 23... You get the picture.

As always, FFN continues to frustrate!.!?
Longing for Edward
Coven Member
Coven Member

Postby alexajaye on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Yeah, there needs to be a website like it that works better, but I guess if you search for them, you'll find places like Twilighted and TWCS. I haven't had a lot of success or exposure with TWCS, and with Twilighted, everything has to be validated. I get the system, but having more than one WIP story on Twilighted doesn't make sense to me, so I only have one story up right now.

FanFiction is really the only place where I get exposure and can control when my chapters get updated. So poor system, but it'll have to do for now I guess.

My Photobucket

alexajaye
Newborn
Newborn

Postby Ambray on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:07 pm

I don't know what is up with FF.net recently.

It's very sporadic. I can't go to my alert/favourite list from my bookmarks, I have to go to my account page first.
For some reason, I get days where any page relating to FF.net does not load as it 'takes too long to respond'.
Are they doing updates or something? This is starting to get annoying!!
Image]ImageImageImage
Ambray
Bitten
Bitten

Postby alexajaye on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Ambray wrote:I don't know what is up with FF.net recently.

It's very sporadic. I can't go to my alert/favourite list from my bookmarks, I have to go to my account page first.
For some reason, I get days where any page relating to FF.net does not load as it 'takes too long to respond'.
Are they doing updates or something? This is starting to get annoying!!

They are actually making upgrades to the site. It's really minor stuff that have to do with the layout and page content. It would sure be nice if they would make major changes -- like reinstating a new rating system and notifications for authors whose stories got removed without being told.

I know they think they're helping, but in reality, they're focusing on these little things to make it seem like the site is improving. But it's still got horrible content that sticks around and then good content that violates the TOS gets pulled because some vindictive administrator abuses their power instead of suggesting that because there's so much and they don't want to turn away more users, they could do a complete overhaul of the way they rate stories.

I know A LOT of writers who would feel much better if they would just give us the same consideration we give them.

My Photobucket

alexajaye
Newborn
Newborn

Postby Longing for Edward on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Anyone else having trouble with FFN? It won't take me to the next chapter of a fic I'm reading or look at my alert list.

Longing for Edward
Coven Member
Coven Member

Postby Ambray on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Longing for Edward wrote:.
Anyone else having trouble with FFN? It won't take me to the next chapter of a fic I'm reading or look at my alert list.

I have the web addresses for my favourites list and alerts list so they come up automatically and I can go straight to them, but FF.net won't load them if I do this.
I have to go the long way around and go to my account first and then open my favourite/alert list.
Image]ImageImageImage
Ambray
Bitten
Bitten

Postby Longing for Edward on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Is anyone else getting alerts, but the chapters aren't there whether you use the alert link or go directly to the fic?
Longing for Edward
Coven Member
Coven Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Fic Discussion