Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - Ranking Stories - Reread or not?

Ranking Stories - Reread or not?

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Ranking Stories - Reread or not?

Postby LinnJinn on Mon May 02, 2011 7:28 pm

What stories do you like to reread? What fics do other people gush about that you just don't get? Here's my short list (Complete or WIP, doesn't matter):

Reread so much I know by heart
Wide Awake
Emancipation Proclamation
SG&NG
MoBS

I enjoy rereading the full story every now and then
TTAB & most other Jandco stories
Bonne Foi
Boy in the Red Sweater
Cascade & Cyanide
MYMN
Mr. Horrible

I like to reread some parts of the story every so often
The Office
MotU
CWIA
Atlas Shrugged
Ladders

Don't get the hype
UoEM
Creature of Habit
Illegal Contact
Carpe Noctem & Fiat Lux
Boycotts & Barflies
The Submissive/TD/TT

This is NOT a favorites list, although I know there's overlap. Some stories are really great, just may not be re-readable. Like Purgatory: A Love Story by americnxidiot. I loved that story while it was a WIP and still do - I usually dropped everything to read updates - but I just don't really have a desire to read it again. And Atlas Shrugged is my absolute favorite Eclipse AU, but I don't tend to reread it often or all the way through. I didn't necessarily dislike the ones on the 'Don't get the hype' list. They were okay, I just don't see why they got so popular. There are twifics out there that I've read that I hated, but these aren't them.

This isn't meant to cause any kind of spiteful, hateful, petty debates or to trash any stories/authors. Just curious as to which stories other people like enough to memorize. I'm pretty sure my "Memorizable" ones are on someone else's "Don't get the hype" list and vice versa.
Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.
I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, which thought would I have thought?
LinnJinn
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Ranking Stories - Reread or not?

Postby xsecretxkeeperx on Tue May 03, 2011 2:33 am

I won't go into stories I don't understand all the hallaballoo about, but I have some definite re-reads. Number one on that list is hands down Earthquake! by Thallium81. Virgin sacrifice? Sex to survive? And OMG, Kitty! Anyone who has read it knows what I'm talking about. Love this story a MILLION times over.

And I'm totally pulling favoritism here, but I wouldn't be able to beta An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy by m81170 without wanting to reread it at least ten times a chapter, lol. I love this story like no other. And let's be honest, who wouldn't adore 13yo Edward with business cards and a Lord of the Rings fetish?

Others that I re-read occasionally are:
The Sacrificial Lamb and Let's get Physical by Lalina
Surviving Bella by Savage7289
A World Without Sound by The Romanticidal Edwardian

LinnJinn, would you mind telling me what SG&NG, MoBS, and MYMN stand for?
Power of Destiny|Slipping Through the Hourglass|The Darkest Paradise

Awesome banner by the ever fantastic Anne Cullen. Thank you, Anne!!

And, if you're in need of a cure to those angsty-fic blues, check out Twific's latest addiction, An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy: The Non-Romantic Romance, by m81170. There's nothing like the innocence and geeky wonder of young, anti-social love.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xsecretxkeeperx
Coven Member
Coven Member

Postby LinnJinn on Tue May 03, 2011 3:21 pm

SG&NG - Scotch, Gin, & the New Girl by WTVOC & Jandco - I believe it's now only available on A Different Forest

MoBS - Misapprehension of Bella Swan... by hunterhunting - Unfortunately, she pulled the story on her blog and here

MYMN - My Yes, My No - by Lolashoes - One of my favorite New Moon AUs. I think she took this one down, too

I think I've read Earthquake - is that the one where... SPOILERS AHEAD...

Edward is the 18yo? virgin and Bella is the cougar adventurer who rescues him? Most of the others you listed are on by TBR list. I need to stop re-reading and get to that TBR list instead! :)
Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.
I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, which thought would I have thought?
LinnJinn
Newborn
Newborn

Postby xsecretxkeeperx on Tue May 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Lol, I know what you mean! I keep reading ones I already love instead of finding new fics to adore. Yes, that's Earthquake! Love that story so much. It's just fun. And thanks for clearing those acronyms up. ^_^
Power of Destiny|Slipping Through the Hourglass|The Darkest Paradise

Awesome banner by the ever fantastic Anne Cullen. Thank you, Anne!!

And, if you're in need of a cure to those angsty-fic blues, check out Twific's latest addiction, An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy: The Non-Romantic Romance, by m81170. There's nothing like the innocence and geeky wonder of young, anti-social love.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xsecretxkeeperx
Coven Member
Coven Member

Postby Sylvianna on Sat May 07, 2011 10:32 am

I don't reread stories too often. So:

- I enjoy rereading the full story every now and then
Emancipation Proclamation
Behind Enemy Lines
Hydraulic Level 5 (even though there's still maybe a couple of chapters until the end)
Tropic of Virgo

- I like to reread some parts of the story every now and then:
The Office
The Submissive/The Dominant (but not The Training)

- Don't get the hype
Boycotts & Barflies
Trust in Advertisement
Million Dollars Baby
This is not my life
2nd part of MOTU...

...And quite a few others.

Anyway, I have many favourites (some of them being WIP's still) in my folder that I haven't reread and maybe never will.
Sylvianna
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Postby SeanEmma4Evr on Sun May 08, 2011 4:06 am

Lol I'll bite. Here is my rankings:

Reread so much I know by heart
Falling Beyond Redemption by Aleeab4u - One of the most brilliant stories I've ever read. Heavy on the angst.
Blood Lines by windchymes - Probably my favorite. Reread a million times. Love it.
Survival of the Soul by Lady Saffir - I am so sad about this story. It looks like it's on permanent hiatus.
Not Like This by Pomme-de-terre - One of the few AH stories that I love.

I enjoy rereading the full story every now and then
Retrograde by Jandco
Clipped Wings and Inked Armor by hunterhunting
Wild and Wacky Adventures of Edward in PE by LindaRoo
Distractions by windchymes
Aro's Heir by Subtlepen

I like to reread some parts of the story every so often
NuMb by kharizzmatik
I Don't Believe in Vampires by LazyKate

Don't get the hype
Master of the Universe by IceDragon - I read the first thirty chapters. Don't get it. At all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SeanEmma4Evr
New Coven Member
New Coven Member

Postby from.out.of.nowhere on Sun May 08, 2011 8:02 am

Reread
-Bloodlines
-Emancipation Proclamation
-Judging Books
-Fourteen

Reread every now and again