Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - What was the first fanfic genre you read?

What was the first fanfic genre you read?

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Re: What was the first fanfic genre you read?

Postby Tippyd on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:38 pm

WOW...I think I got you all beat, it was X-Files in like '94 or '95. Two of the best sites in any fandom IMHO are the Gossamer Project and the X-files Lost and Found board, it's like the original find a fic.
Tippyd
Human
Human

Postby Sandra on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

My first fanfic experiences were with fics for 'Roswell'. Then 'Buffy' (I was late to that party, started to watch it in S5..), then I read 'ER' fics for a little while, then 'House', then I read 'twilight'.
Sandra
Newborn
Newborn

Postby Crazydork22 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:20 am

Tippyd, you don't have me beat, time-wise we are on the same level! :clap: I wonder if anyone can beat us?

I started reading Sailor Moon fanfic around 1994/95. I loved watching the series on TV, but at that time only one of the seasons had been released in the USA. I was looking for information on what happened next and I stumbled across fanfiction. I have been addicted ever since. I was really active in forums when I first started reading, but now I am generally a lurker. Since I have been reading fanfic for a long time, I have read stories in many genres. A few I can remember are:

Genres I have read that I do not read anymore:

Backstreet Boys & Nsync (Most of these stories disappeared...)
Ella Enchanted, Anne of Green Gables, X-Men (No new stories-in my preferred pairings)
Orlando Bloom (I was so sad when these sites began to disappear!)

Genres I still check out two or three times a year:

Superman (movie), The Adventures of Lois and Clark, Pirates of the Caribbean, Smallville, Bones, Firefly/Serenity, Emma & Sense and Sensibility

Genres I still actively read--or hope in vain for updates:

Sailor Moon, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Star Trek 2009, Twilight, & Pride and Prejudice

And those are only the ones I can remember...

Ally :hyper:
Crazydork22
Human
Human

Postby Ambray on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Crazydork22 wrote:Tippyd, you don't have me beat, time-wise we are on the same level! :clap: I wonder if anyone can beat us?

I started reading Sailor Moon fanfic around 1994/95. I loved watching the series on TV, but at that time only one of the seasons had been released in the USA. I was looking for information on what happened next and I stumbled across fanfiction. I have been addicted ever since. I was really active in forums when I first started reading, but now I am generally a lurker. Since I have been reading fanfic for a long time, I have read stories in many genres. A few I can remember are:

Genres I have read that I do not read anymore:

Backstreet Boys & Nsync (Most of these stories disappeared...)
Ella Enchanted, Anne of Green Gables, X-Men (No new stories-in my preferred pairings)
Orlando Bloom (I was so sad when these sites began to disappear!)

Genres I still check out two or three times a year:

Superman (movie), The Adventures of Lois and Clark, Pirates of the Caribbean, Smallville, Bones, Firefly/Serenity, Emma & Sense and Sensibility

Genres I still actively read--or hope in vain for updates:

Sailor Moon, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Star Trek 2009, Twilight, & Pride and Prejudice

And those are only the ones I can remember...

Ally :hyper:

Do you have any recs from LOTR/Star Trek/POTR

I swear these 3 give me so much trouble. You have to really burrow to find the gems. I think I've only read 1 POTR that I thought was actually good. LOTR I have a few, but as that has overtaken my Twilight fanfic obsession and there are so few, I've re read the ones I've found to death! Plus as you say, some of the amazing ones haven't updated in years. The best one I've ever read got about 200k in, then the author decided not to continue anymore.. that was in '05, so doubt she'll ever come back. :(
Image]ImageImageImage
Ambray
Bitten
Bitten

Postby sandstone on Thu May 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Twilight Fanfiction actually! This Twilighted sight!
sandstone
Newborn
Newborn

Postby melcullen84 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Oh my God...I couldn't help myself from admitting this, but my first fanfic genre of choice was Backstreet Boys. *KTBSPA, remember? lol*

This was back in the day when dial-up was the only way to connect to the internet, or at least it was if you lived 15 minutes outside of town like I did. This was also when I just "knew" I was truly in love with Brian Littrell and Nick Carter. Hey, this all took place nearly 15 years ago. No judging. Oh, and I walked to and from school, uphill both ways, through sunshine, rain, sleet, and snow. *snickers*

I also remembered getting so pissed off because at the time, my mom had set up parental controls on the computer and there were SO MANY stories that, as soon as I'd reached a really awesome part for the next chapter, that particular page would be prohibited. I'd even devised work-around methods to get around them! It seemed like many of the angelfire.com links would let me access the naughty chapters when I manually typed them in instead of clicking a bookmark through America Online. This allowed me to perfect my typing skills for the future.

Man, that brought up some memories! It wasn't until after I read Twilight in 2009, (after claiming to not want to watch OR read any "teenage Harlequin vampire romance novel", my exact words...) devouring all 4 books in as many days, that I recalled just how much I'd enjoyed BSB fan fic. Viola! I was pleasantly surprised to have all kinds of Bella & Edward literary resources! :) I've been hooked ever since!
melcullen84
Human
Human

Previous

Return to General Fic Discussion